Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ranco ets

Sugardaddy1979

I know (at $120) it's more than twice the price; but the DA ReefKeeper Lite Basic is an aquarium controller. In addition to a heater controller, it's a light timer (and can control other equipment as well). I'd think about it.

The RANCO ETC-111000 Digital Cold Temperature Control doesn't even come with a power cord and is used for things like refrigerators. The probe is a little short and I'm not sure how suitable it is in a wet environment. I really don't know much about them, but I believe they can be used for control heating units or cooling systems. Do you know other reefers using this control unit, or are you just trying to get a feel for if it would work?

Sugardaddy1979

There's tons on rc that seem to use them. You can shrink wrap the temp probe. I may go rkl yet. Still just weighing all my options. They have an rkl special package on marine Depot for 200 that includes an sl1. I might go for that and just add the Ato to it later.

There's tons on rc that seem to use them. You can shrink wrap the temp probe. I may go rkl yet. Still just weighing all my options. They have an rkl special package on marine Depot for 200 that includes an sl1. I might go for that and just add the Ato to it later.

I use the Ranco 111000 and bought it prewired with a thermal well from etcsupply.com for like $70 shipped. They are quality units and very well built (also fairly large). I would suggest a controller if you ever plan on going that route, but if you don't a Ranco or Johnson are the best units you can buy. Been using it well over a year now. They have an analog relay in them that you can hear and know they are switching on/off - which I really like.

Many people with a controller still use the Ranco as you might have seen on RC.

Archived