inTank Media Baskets

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

Mirya

2 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

@BulkRate @HiImSean and me got a bunch of new nems today from @Got Corals! Love how they shipped them in these containers! So easy to float them and get them out. No messy bags     and rubber bands flying with Got Corals! Nicely done. 

Will post pics of the RFAs soon. 

41127779085_f4df765ce4_b.jpg

Awesome, cant wait to see them.

30 minutes ago, Squared said:

Those are nice! Did you get bronze or silver?

I worked out a combo deal where I got two gold, one silver and 2 bronze.

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, ngvu1 said:

I'm curious how the gold, silver and bronze look.  Are they metalic, like the lepto kind of , gold,silver, bronze or kind of ?

Golds tend to have multiple colors, i facebooked Sandy from gotcorals and she sent me pics of what golds, silvers and bronze ones look like...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ngvu1 said:

How many are there? 10?

We got 12 of them between the 3 of us. I had already popped 2 of mine down into the sand.

• Like 1

I ended up with the two in the bottom left corner, the large one with the green ring and the small green ringed one in the middle of the basket. 

Also, I got a good pic of the large red on in my 90g. It’s 3-4” in diameter

091A05DA-5FB8-4D7D-B17C-A05DE3D16E70.jpeg

• Like 5

I was just about to PM you to see if it had gotten over the move stress, or if I needed to see about being more careful next time.  Glad to hear.

Pics of mine from our Gotcorals.com order coming soon.  They've really settled in well and are nice additions!

• Like 2

I received my rfas from reeftopia.com today. Very nice ultras. He gave me an extra small ultra as well. I ended up getting 6 ultras (ordered 5, got a freebie), a free green ultra (when u spend over 150) and an orange ultra. He upgraded me to a nice green ultra. Overall, very pleased with my order, especially for the price.   Here are some pics.

20180518_195901.jpg

20180518_193437.jpg

20180518_193420.jpg

20180518_192954.jpg

20180518_191628.jpg

20180518_144836.jpg

• Like 5
4 hours ago, jet915 said:

I received my rfas from reeftopia.com today.

Nice, my first RFA (which I got in May of 2006) came from Reeftopia.  It's still alive today. :smilie:

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Bought two more rock nems today. A big pink one, and another that is a bit unique (the one on the bottom right): it has some green splotches on one side but not the other, and the tentacles connected to those splotches have an orange tinge. The rest of the tentacles are also dark purple/white. It will be neat to see what this one grows into (it's about dime sized).

o5yc56v.jpg

Maybe I can get some better pics in the future.

• Like 5
ClutchKargo

So I've been reading through this thread learning many things and seeing many RFA's however I haven't seen anyone particularly address an issue I've had a couple of times now.

Why do Rock Flower Anemones "melt" and fall apart?  I just had one melt after it had been in the tank for about 3 weeks or so now. It was 1 of 4 healthy flowers I got from a great supplier and the other 3 are doing great. Today I was looking at them and noticed this one in question looked smaller I touched it carefully and it just fell apart and disappeared. I've also had a couple melt in the past as well for no apparent reason.

I just would like to understand what is behind this or is this just a possibility that can happen. I have about a dozen or so now but losing any one of them is not fun. 

Thanks!

Clutch