inTank Media Baskets

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

Mirya

Are pretty! you want to look at something fun???. Go to VIPReef.com and look at where it says Gallery. Get a towel. Pavlovian response will be strong.

• Like 1

Think I might buy this one tonight. Waiting for him to post a discount code like he always does first though. I have 2 finals in the morning but this is more important.

1%20(172).jpg

Are pretty! you want to look at something fun???. Go to VIPReef.com and look at where it says Gallery. Get a towel. Pavlovian response will be strong.

OMG....I see some on here that I just got to have! Especially the one that is yellow in the center with the red tentacles. I can see this in my tank now :wub:

What's cool is when they dive for them they told me it's just changing down there, morphing and it's just insane what they find. New patterns, colors. That is on my bucket list. I want to learn how to scuba and I want to find my own nem. I'm looking for a psychedelic blue - royal w/ sky blue or turquoise. Just something never seen. I figure if the ocean can make blue zoas or sps or blueberry gorgonians, it can give me a blue rockflower!!! Is that really asking too much?

The variety astounds me!

• Like 1

What's cool is when they dive for them they told me it's just changing down there, morphing and it's just insane what they find. New patterns, colors. That is on my bucket list. I want to learn how to scuba and I want to find my own nem. I'm looking for a psychedelic blue - royal w/ sky blue or turquoise. Just something never seen. I figure if the ocean can make blue zoas or sps or blueberry gorgonians, it can give me a blue rockflower!!! Is that really asking too much?

Not at all :D

• Like 1

Lights just turned off and I used my UV flashlight (nothing can hide). He's so far into the rock it doesn't look like he'd be able to wiggle out. He's in my favorite rock so sadly I leave it to him to make it his coffin or his throne.

When the lights go off, some of my RFA roll up their faces to tuck in for the night... others just sit there with their disks open... and one or two of them suck themselves tight into the crevices of the rock to hide. So don't worry about yours, he will pop out in the morning.

• Like 1

Online retailer Rare Reef just posted these on Facebook. Drool.

Wow i just checked their site. They have some really good prices for some stuff

I'm trying to get all my flower anemones in a corner where they can't touch anything. It's pretty difficult considering two of them are attached to the bottom of the tank and actually come out of the sand like...a flower. I want them all huddled together but it's not working. Any tips on how to get the two I need off the bottom of a 24" deep tank?

frankdontsurf

I'm trying to get all my flower anemones in a corner where they can't touch anything. It's pretty difficult considering two of them are attached to the bottom of the tank and actually come out of the sand like...a flower. I want them all huddled together but it's not working. Any tips on how to get the two I need off the bottom of a 24" deep tank?

Shove an rodi ice cube under it when it shrinks under the sand use your finger tip pressing towards the glass to nudge it loose

For poor people like me. This website seems to have good prices on the basic colors (assuming they are really those colors) of rock flowers and $15 priority shipping. I ordered a white/yellow so I guess I'll find out. Usually for $10, you wouldn't get a say on what color and end up with a brown one :P

Green: $10

Red: $15

White and Yellow: $10

Red and white: $25

Pink: $25

http://ccritters.com/inverts/anemones

• Thanks 1
hypostatic

For poor people like me. This website seems to have good prices on the basic colors (assuming they are really those colors) of rock flowers and $15 priority shipping. I ordered a white/yellow so I guess I'll find out. Usually for $10, you wouldn't get a say on what color and end up with a brown one :P

Green: $10

Red: $15

White and Yellow: $10

Red and white: $25

Pink: $25

http://ccritters.com/inverts/anemones

So I visited this site recently. I tried calling and emailing. No response. I think they went out of business. Guess the prices were too low lol

So I visited this site recently. I tried calling and emailing. No response. I think they went out of business. Guess the prices were too low lol

I hope not cuz I ordered some stuff from them. lol Oh well, paypal will save me. I'll wait it out and see if a package shows up.

• Like 1

Snap, I saw they had pink RFAs so was all excited for you!

I hope not cuz I ordered some stuff from them. lol Oh well, paypal will save me. I'll wait it out and see if a package shows up.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of your order. Those prices, and not just on the RFAs, are pretty awesome.

• Like 2

Did they send you any type of confirmation after the order?

Did they send you any type of confirmation after the order?

Just the paypal one. I checked other old forum posts and they said you don't get a confirmation order until it ships on Mon or Tuesdays and that they don't answer emails often. So I'm going to wait it out.

Just the paypal one. I checked other old forum posts and they said you don't get a confirmation order until it ships on Mon or Tuesdays and that they don't answer emails often. So I'm going to wait it out.

That is just strange. I hope all goes ok with it. Let me know how it goes cause I am seeing some on there I would love to get.

hypostatic

Yeah, the more recent things I've read on other forums is that people placed orders on the site, never heard from them, and then would ask paypal for a refund, which they'd get almost immediately

• Like 2
  • Christopher Marks pinned this topic