Coral Vue Hydros

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

Mirya

Here Img without the clicking lol....

13DA4058-2919-43A2-9974-D76D87B39C77_zps

Well well, felt like Christmas at your house too!!!! Wasn't it amazing seeing them look brown/tan and then as you put them in the water you could see their true colors come alive???? I'm addicted to that feeling. What fun!!!

• Like 1

I bought two RFAs in this group buy. Put them in the tank today and they look beautiful; even under my Biocube's stock lighting.

Thanks to everyone who made this group buy possible.

And..........special thanks to Mirya and Felicia for introducing me to rock flower anemones!!

David

• Like 3

I bought two RFAs in this group buy. Put them in the tank today and they look beautiful; even under my Biocube's stock lighting.

And..........special thanks to Mirya and Felicia for introducing me to rock flower anemones!!

David

Awesome! You're very welcome, David. Welcome to the addiction :)

Thanks so much to kaydiver for organizing this group buy with VIP Reef. I got a box of 35 rock flower anemones today and I was like a kid on Christmas! Unfortunately, they weren't all for me since most of them were for members of my local reef club. I got 3 new amazing ones for myself, but I wanted to keep them all! It was so fun seeing all the different patterns and colors. I took a bunch of photos today when I was opening the box and repacking them in the deli containers for you guys, so here they are!
Picking up the box from Fedex. It got to ride in style! Yes, I have a moped :)clear.png
photo22-2.jpg
Got the box home safely!
photo23-3.jpg
Lily had to inspect everything as usual. Then she decided to lay down and watch the whole process.
photo21-2.jpg
photo20-3.jpg
photo17-3.jpg
Repacking the anemones into deli containers to distribute to my local club members.
photo18-1.jpg
Tons of beautiful anemones!
photo-18.jpg
photo15-5.jpg
photo14-5.jpg
photo13-3.jpg
photo9-9.jpg
photo8-9.jpg
photo6-12.jpg
photo2-19.jpg
photo3-20.jpg
photo1-19.jpg
photo5-15.jpg
And here are my 3 settled into my tank. The solid orange/red one, the bright orange with green tentacles, and the pink and light blue striped ones are my new ones. The rainbow one and the bright green one are from a past order with VIP Reef.
And here are some shots of my 3 when they first came out of the box.
photo12-3.jpg
photo11-5.jpg
photo4-20.jpg
  • Like 1

David

It was our pleasure David, I hope you're very happy with the new nems

• Like 1

Damn, the secret is out that rock flowers are awesome. :D HA HA HA!!! :lol:

LOVE LOVE LOVE NEMS :wub: Glad everyone is joining in the fun. Now you all know why I could...not....STOP! Remember they can grow 5-6 inches. They'll cuddle with each other and then move away and come back again. They may crawl around on one rock finding a spot it likes better than the one you picked. All normal. Mine hooked upside down on the underside of a rock, I turned the rock on its side and it liked it there too. I was concerned about it underneath because it couldn't get food I share with tongs.

ENJOY!!!

• Like 1

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should hold some rock flowers for club members over the weekend? I don't want them attaching to the rocks.

Is the deli cup idea above okay for a weekend? Or should I put them in the bottom of a bare tank? How do I get them off? Credit card?

Deli container on the bottom of the tank is just great. and yeah, slow shove underneath w/ the cc later until it gives.

Oh hey, got the admin Chris to move my Rockin' Flower Garden out of the Equipment Forum and into the Member Aquariums.

• Like 4

Maria and I pooled our orders. I picked up 5 of them. Here's are some phone pics.

All of them went into the 28G. They all latched on right away (some to my hand..lol) and everyone was eating tonight..

2014-7-24-nems2_zpsb4f361d0.jpg2014-7-24-nems3_zpsd03c921a.jpg

2014-7-24-nems1_zps1ce71635.jpg

• Like 3

iF098vvYDz5j4.jpg

HUGE thank you to Keydiver and hinnenkm for making this possible for me :) I probably got some of our club members started on a new addiction!

• Like 6

The day after I welcomed my 5 new RFA's, my very first one passed away. While all the pretty colors are so cool - this one - 'Lacy' was amazing for being pure white with white and clear tentacles. She'll be missed..

rfa1_zps511cf4e2.jpg

She was added arounf March 27. I added another about May 13. In the picture, you can see they are about the same size

nem2-5-13-2014_zps72823b7f.jpg

By early June, the new one had exploded in size and was overlapping her

6-7-2014_zps5d6589c0.jpg

About the same time, both of them starting moving around and the smaller one moved way back in the rocks where I couldn't get spot feeding to her.

I moved her to my larger tanks and put her in a cup to keep other inhabitants for stealing food etc., but she wouldn't eat and just got smaller and smaller until she starting flaking apart. That's when I figured it wasn't going to get any better.

I found another to replace her. I'll get some pics and post them later. This one has glass-looking tentacles and and interesting yellow color.

• Like 1

Here we go.. Has anyone seen these kinds of clear tentacles before ?

photo2_zps17408a5a.jpg

The photo doesn't capture the yellow color well - and under blues, it really glows.

2014-07-21newnem_zps9d2ca4dc.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful nem! Not sure about the clear tentacles, I hope it isn't a sign of poor health because I think the clear is really eye-catching.

One that arrived here from the order has yellow tentacles but if you look really close they are clearish-yellow.

My maroon nem in the Maiden's Voyage spawned yesterday and I managed to notice. Who knows if he's been doing it regularly since it wasn't as much as I thought it would be but I know he did at least once before that since the white female was next to him and she had the baby some mos back (but unfortunately it didn't make it)- it was hard to feed as she was under the skirt of the white one most of the time. I wish it was better quality like the first video I took last month but Slim, my blenny, seems not to care. I'm like tapping on the glass there to shew him away.

• Like 1

Why can I imagine you yelling "Noooo.. that's not for you..."

Oh Frank, that's such a nice way of putting what I was screaming in my head!!

Oh Frank, that's such a nice way of putting what I was screaming in my head!!

Same as me when my damsel comes by and pecks the food out their arms. I wish the nems had a little more sting to them - maybe they'd get more respect..

Same as me when my damsel comes by and pecks the food out their arms. I wish the nems had a little more sting to them - maybe they'd get more respect..

Yeah, I'm glad in a way that I no longer have a 6 line because he was always hungry and eating food out of the duncans, acans, rock flowers and my tailspot Slim and sweet Karat learned from him. Without him the others don't have to be so offensive. I kinda wish they had a little more zest to their sting as well.

• Christopher Marks pinned this topic