inTank Media Baskets

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

Mirya

4 minutes ago, Nixperience said:

So VIP Reef is good? I've been thinking about ordering at least a 5 pack when I can. 

YES!! They would be my first choice. I always get big healthy nems from them! 

Nixperience
6 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

YES!! They would be my first choice. I always get big healthy nems from them! 

Nice! I might as well save for a 10 pack since shipping is $50. 

• Like 2

Suggest you check out their facebook page as well.... not entirely sure but I recall reading somewhere that sometimes the web site doesn't reflect their entire inventory.

Wow... that's a lot of indeterminates, hearsay and ifs for a suggestion!  Hooray!  I just got some Old Fogey points! ;-)

Nixperience
2 minutes ago, FlowerMama said:

It's almost end of season so get them soon.  

☹️ I just spent a ton getting my new tank up and running. I don't think I can afford another $150 right now. 

FlowerMama
Just now, Nixperience said:

☹️ I just spent a ton getting my new tank up and running. I don't think I can afford another $150 right now. 

Yeah I get it, I haven't bought in a while.  Have no room.  Some grow fast, some grow slow but I need to let mine move around.  But by choice most never move.  I just want to know they'll have space in the event they do.  Ooops, I was to feed tonight.  Too late now.  I'll feed babies and parents tomorrow.  It's already lights out everywhere.  This weekend went by too quickly.

Nixperience
6 minutes ago, FlowerMama said:

Yeah I get it, I haven't bought in a while.  Have no room.  Some grow fast, some grow slow but I need to let mine move around.  But by choice most never move.  I just want to know they'll have space in the event they do.  Ooops, I was to feed tonight.  Too late now.  I'll feed babies and parents tomorrow.  It's already lights out everywhere.  This weekend went by too quickly.

Ya. I think 5 is the right number for me, since I only have IM 30L. 

tonight I got to come home and hunt for baby rock flowers in the sand.. put what I can find in a small tray to target feed :)

been hoping this day would get here

IMG_0540.JPG

• Like 2
HarryPotter

I noticed that mine seem to be smaller than before  so I am going to start spot feeding them. The tank is very low nutrient recently which it seems they don't like. My skimmer still isn't working though so I'll start with some mysis every other day 

IMG_0105_zps8g2rnzat.jpg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
getmealemon

Long time since i posted, had a large amount of losses and believe i found the culprit - magnets on frag rack had rusted which i didn't see as it had algae covering it. Tank has been setup again and it's going well again at the moment. 

Current setup 

DSCF3432%202_zpscbv6q88d.jpg

None of my babies died but growth did slow

DSCF3439%202_zpsih7dt1tc.jpg

DSCF3440%202_zpseswbwn1t.jpg

My favourite baby, not often you see that colour skirt at all.  

DSCF3436%202_zpsrzetxshg.jpg

And two new purchases to start building my collection back up

DSCF3443%202_zpsnmuqptjt.jpg

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought 2 RFA's a year ago.

They both hid out of view on the back of a rock.

This morning I spotted this right on the front of that rock.  So tiny but recognizable. Perhaps there are more?

33asc9t.jpg

• Like 4

there will most definitely be more.. but hard to see. they float around a lot before they settle down.

only way for good survival rates is to get them in a small protected tray

• Like 1

I have 2 or 3 left in my main tank.. I had 10. 

if you can blow it off with a turkey baster gently then great, otherwise leave it.

if you find more in the gravel, then get those in a tray IMO

Haven't seen it in a while.  I have 6 males spawning right now but since I had to put the Matted filefish in the nursery I don't see 4 babies in the nursery anymore.   I turned off the skimmer.  I may end up stopping with the nursery for babies.  It takes so long to grow them I'm losing interest in them in the nursery. 

Now it's up to 8.

• Like 1
MockandRoll

I love this thread. Great job RFA breeders. My tank currently has 2. Three will probably be my max. Just got the second one this past weekend.

20170718_195311.jpg

• Like 3

Some nice ones! How big is the tank? What i mean is.... you can't "just" have 3

On 7/16/2017 at 9:09 PM, FlowerMama said:

Haven't seen it in a while.  I have 6 males spawning right now but since I had to put the Matted filefish in the nursery I don't see 4 babies in the nursery anymore.   I turned off the skimmer.  I may end up stopping with the nursery for babies.  It takes so long to grow them I'm losing interest in them in the nursery. 

Now it's up to 8.

How long to grow them to the size of a quarter? It's a lot of frickin work.. but there is no info on growth rates

MockandRoll

20 minutes ago, reefhound said:

Some nice ones! How big is the tank? What i mean is.... you can't "just" have 3.

My tank is 30 gallons. I have the reefer 170. Ok maybe 4 then that is it. 

revolution1925

So i read all the thread here,  beautiful nems guys!  

I keep a 15 gallon cube with some zoas, acans and some euphyllias. I Just Want to buy a pack of 5 of this little guys! 

I am New to hobby and i havent seen a flower nem alive only on photos and i dont know how big this guys is.! 

So my question is if i buy the pack of 5 is gona fit in my tank or is gona be to much, to big?  Sorry about my english guys.! :)

I Can move some zoas on the Rock if needed! 

Here is my tank 

IMG_20170715_135739.jpg

• Like 2
revolution1925
37 minutes ago, reefhound said:

they will grow to 2-3 inches in a year

Thanxs! Average size of adults? 

Do u think that 5 of them gona fit in my tank somehow? 

• Christopher Marks pinned this topic