SaltCritters.com

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

Mirya

Would anybody be interested in doing a bulk order from VIP? I'm friends with Xavier, Franks son, and he told me that if we were to buy 100 or more, every one would be half price. They have a $40 section, a $60 section, and an $80 section in store, so the prices for a bulk order would be $20,$30, and $40 respectively. I would be looking for 4-5 individuals who would be interested in purchasing 15-20 each with me that way I don't have to ship out 50 different nems to single places. I could pick them up and ship them out for the participants

I would be interested :)

Would anybody be interested in doing a bulk order from VIP? I'm friends with Xavier, Franks son, and he told me that if we were to buy 100 or more, every one would be half price. They have a $40 section, a $60 section, and an $80 section in store, so the prices for a bulk order would be $20,$30, and $40 respectively. I would be looking for 4-5 individuals who would be interested in purchasing 15-20 each with me that way I don't have to ship out 50 different nems to single places. I could pick them up and ship them out for the participants

Damn, I'd love to, but don't think I can swing the space for 15 more nems. I suppose I could ask my reef club if anyone would be interested in going in with me though...

My happy couple. The one on the right spawned a few weeks ago. Pretty sweet. I'm hoping that the one on the left is female. I'd love to have some baby RFA's. :)

IMG_4785_zps616bca40.jpg

• Like 5

Would anybody be interested in doing a bulk order from VIP?

I would definitely do 6 or 8 (maybe a few more) of the $20 and $30 ones, and I'm local so re-shipping wouldn't be a problem - heck - I'd probably offer to help you out.

• Like 1

I would be interested as well. Would there be a way to still pick out specfic nems?

I don't have enough room for that many, but if a few people are interested from the Chicagoland area I would love to participate.

Hey! I think we have enough people in my local club interested that we could take 15 or so all shipped to one address. When do you plan to do this? Let me talk to the people in my club and I'll get back to you with how many we want and which price ranges.

• Like 2

I would also do 6-8 of them and since frandr is close we can split shipping.....maybe?

I'm sure we can work something out

Along those lines - If there are enough people in major cities, one person could be the point person for collecting orders and distributing them in their city. Of course it will all have to happen pretty quick. I don't think these guys have a very long 'shelf life'

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Whoever is interested, just send me a PM and we can talk details. I picked up about 20-25 from a wholesaler last week but I could use some more for my breeding tank regardless. Once I've got enough people on board I'll PM those individuals directly and we can set up shipment. Hoping to get it done before August as I'll be returning to UF in early August

• Like 4

Hey everyone! Whoever is interested, just send me a PM and we can talk details. I picked up about 20-25 from a wholesaler last week but I could use some more for my breeding tank regardless. Once I've got enough people on board I'll PM those individuals directly and we can set up shipment. Hoping to get it done before August as I'll be returning to UF in early August

Any word on details or a timeline? There are now even more people in our club who would be interesting pending a little more info. Thanks!

• Like 1

Any word on details or a timeline? There are now even more people in our club who would be interesting pending a little more info. Thanks!

Same here. My local club wants 23 currently. I've got a bunch of people waiting to hear details. Thanks! :)

Clearly being a mechanic is the wrong profession for me since I am looking at you people like youre insane for just deciding suddenly that yeah an 800 dollar order sounds fun...

So if I were to purchase a rock flower what are the chances that he would stay where I place him? I have had multiple bubble tips in past tanks and they always move around until they find a spot. I used to add them first but my tank is now full of coral and I do not want my corals getting killed off by this anemone. Any thoughts?

So if I were to purchase a rock flower what are the chances that he would stay where I place him? I have had multiple bubble tips in past tanks and they always move around until they find a spot. I used to add them first but my tank is now full of coral and I do not want my corals getting killed off by this anemone. Any thoughts?

This things are pretty safe and don't really sting much. Corals seem

To win battle against these easy.

• Like 1

I only have one but he wandered around for about a week before settling on a spot (sitting on some zoas in the process)

Do they prefer rock or sand bed? Or does it depend on the specific tank and anemone?

• Christopher Marks pinned this topic