Mirya

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

2 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

They do!

I’ll have to take a picture of one of mine when it does it’s “I just got ran over by a truck” impersonation. You’d think it’s never coming back from that but it always does! 

HAHA I'd love to see that :-)

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 1:15 PM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

HAHA I'd love to see that 🙂

The one in the foreground isn’t the one that usually does it but he’s a perfect example - clearly hungover and has been like that since last night...but then look at the others behind it - perfectly fine. There’s even a couple of babies right beside it that are fine. So it’s like c’mon buddy - shake it off.

32347749328_7ab7045a32_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The big one in the background looks like 1 I have which is a female .

1 hour ago, tofer said:

The big one in the background looks like 1 I have which is a female .

Mine is a male and a spawning machine! 

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2018 at 6:29 AM, SeaFurn said:

I’ve never read that and from my experience that doesn’t seem to be the case. See my post above (from IG) and you’ll see the babies around it’s mom. She has ridged tentacles. I have another that has babies who has ridges tentacles as well. 

If there’s a way to tell I haven’t figured it out yet.

Thanks SeaFurn no doubt your female does not have the smooth tentacles. So it turns out the "sexing" of the RFA's has been based on the seller/vendor noticing the fact that babies always appear in the bags that have adults with smooth tentacles only. So nothing scientific just observations over time. Your female with babies proves that this smooth tentacle theory is not correct. Thanks for your help. ATB Clutch

• Like 2

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions