Top Shelf Aquatics

flatworm? bad or good?

lookingsexual

lookingsexual

just found this flatworm? when my lights were out

image_zps48b6112b.jpg

is this good or bad?

also whats a natural way to get rid of them without harming my zoas/corals?

I consider all flatworms bad. If you use flatworm exit make sure you dose a few days apart for some reason it only takes one flatworm and soon you will be over run. I don't know how big your tank is but I know my yellow coris wrasse got rid of the flatworms better than the lazy six line I had. I don't like to get livestock to take care of problems because they might not do the job I try to get fish I really want and like.

Rollermonkey

It's not the worst kind. The shape is right for an Acoel flatworm, but the color is different than what I had. I did nothing with mine and they went away. Is this the first one you've seen?

Well depending on tank size a springers damsel or a 6 line wrasse will do amazing wonders.

I spotted one that I left and it turned into plague proportions in a couple of months. 2 weeks ago I purchased a Springers Damsel...most awesome little fish I've ever had. Not only are they stunning fish but he's completely removed every FW from my tank.

I spotted one that I left and it turned into plague proportions in a couple of months. 2 weeks ago I purchased a Springers Damsel...most awesome little fish I've ever had. Not only are they stunning fish but he's completely removed every FW from my tank.

just wish they hunted zoa parasites. then it would be the perfect fish for me. not only do they do a great job but like you said the over all appearance is amazing. would love to get one to eat nudis

doppelganger

Double check that it's not a crytoplax which is a type of chiton. The shape looks like a flatworm but the markings sort of look like a crytoplax.

lookingsexual

Double check that it's not a crytoplax which is a type of chiton. The shape looks like a flatworm but the markings sort of look like a crytoplax.

man u made me look it up and that thing looks nasty. goosebumps now. good thing it isnt!! i got a 6 line wrasse since they didnt have any other type of flatworm predators. hopefully theyll be gone in a few weeks maybe days..

Archived