Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kessil A360we

Smithjm5

defective_weeble

Yes, it will have more than enough spread.

So what about 30 inches? I'm seriously considering a 360 for my 20 long. I don't mind only being able to do low-light corals at the edges, but I want to make sure that it will reach that far.

You won't need to do low light at the edges on a 24" or a 30". I have the A350W over my 40b which is 36 inches and I'm just starting to loose light at the edge of that.

So what about 30 inches? I'm seriously considering a 360 for my 20 long. I don't mind only being able to do low-light corals at the edges, but I want to make sure that it will reach that far.

Honestly, I feel that it works well on my tank 700mm (27.5") but that is about as wide as I'd want to use it, there's not much fall off but my setup is also very shallow... and square, so I have nearly no spill. If you're wanting some darker areas you might be able to push it to 30".

If this helps, I have 2 Hammers and a Trachypyllia in the corners and they are more than happy with the light, so are my zoas and I'm pretty sure they'd still be happy if they were a inch further away. :)

You won't need to do low light at the edges on a 24" or a 30". I have the A350W over my 40b which is 36 inches and I'm just starting to loose light at the edge of that.

Well there you have it. :) Thanks Danna

defective_weeble

Honestly, I feel that it works well on my tank 700mm (27.5") but that is about as wide as I'd want to use it, there's not much fall off but my setup is also very shallow... and square, so I have nearly no spill. If you're wanting some darker areas you might be able to push it to 30".

If this helps, I have 2 Hammers and a Trachypyllia in the corners and they are more than happy with the light, so are my zoas and I'm pretty sure they'd still be happy if they were a inch further away. :)

That's actually a perfect answer. I have a hammer in a corner and was wondering if I would get the spread I'd need. It's just really hard to spend $400 on a light before knowing whether or not it will work for what I want it to do. That's a pricey experiment :)

That's actually a perfect answer. I have a hammer in a corner and was wondering if I would get the spread I'd need. It's just really hard to spend $400 on a light before knowing whether or not it will work for what I want it to do. That's a pricey experiment :)

These lights are powerful man. I'm at 50% and sometimes wonder if it's too bright. :)

defective_weeble

These lights are powerful man. I'm at 50% and sometimes wonder if it's too bright. :)

I think the beauty of this is that I'm running it on a tank that's only 12 inches deep. So I have no concerns about it reaching the bottom, obviously. I considered doing a 150w but I'm not sure that it would give me the power that I want.

I think the beauty of this is that I'm running it on a tank that's only 12 inches deep. So I have no concerns about it reaching the bottom, obviously. I considered doing a 150w but I'm not sure that it would give me the power that I want.

Don't do the 150. I have the A150W and used it over a 20L and the edges weren't getting sufficient light. It would be fine on a 20H at 24"s but 30 is too long for the 150 IMO. The 350/360 blows the 150 out of the ballpark as far as how bright it is.Like 4x5 said you''ll be shocked at how powerful the 360 is. I have SPS that are 21 inches below mine and they're thriving, growing and show awesome color.

defective_weeble

Don't do the 150. I have the A150W and used it over a 20L and the edges weren't getting sufficient light. It would be fine on a 20H at 24"s but 30 is too long for the 150 IMO. The 350/360 blows the 150 out of the ballpark as far as how bright it is.Like 4x5 said you''ll be shocked at how powerful the 360 is. I have SPS that are 21 inches below mine and they're thriving, growing and show awesome color.

Well I just set up a savings goal to get myself a 360w. It'll be a couple of months, but I just can't get away from how great they look.

The real problem will be convincing myself to not run them on my upcoming 240 as well :)

Archived