inTank Media Baskets

Jebao WP-10 Review

Islandoftiki

I have mine on reef crest mode at full power in my 30g cube, though even when I had it on wave mode (again full power) I couldn't hear any pulsing. The thing is literally silent. I study in my living room (I need it to be dead quiet), and I cannot hear a thing. I wonder if your impeller is maybe loose or something. Maybe try taking it apart and putting it back together? I know other people have reported they are silent, so I dont think you should be able to hear it pulsing across the room.

I'll have to take a look at it, hopefully taking it apart will help

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have mine on reef crest mode at full power in my 30g cube, though even when I had it on wave mode (again full power) I couldn't hear any pulsing. The thing is literally silent. I study in my living room (I need it to be dead quiet), and I cannot hear a thing. I wonder if your impeller is maybe loose or something. Maybe try taking it apart and putting it back together? I know other people have reported they are silent, so I dont think you should be able to hear it pulsing across the room.

So I took it apart, and put it back but I can still here it, i took the mount off and just held it in the water and could still hear it, so that's not it either. You think I should send it back and try and get another? I'm thinking that's what i'm gonna need to do...ugh haha

Yes. But do people turn off their pumps at night?

I do not use the sensor and turn my WP40 on/off with a digital timer. It returns to the same setting each time. Guess the controller has memory even when power is cut.

Liked the wave in W1, but leaving it set on Else now and really like the random flow. Been running 12hrs per day in my 100g for 3 months and still performing well and almost silent.

I will be getting the WP10 in my new 30g shallow. So far the WP40 has been a great value.

I just got my wp10 today,took only 3 days. Have it mounted on the rear wall of my nano cube 28 3/4 the way up. It seems everyone liked else mode so it's on that. It has done a great job of stirring junk up and my anemone looks great in the flow created. Good product so far for $62.

duncan-junkie

Just ordered my Jebao WP10 about 5min ago. Sure hope this wave action makes my sps perky and happy! I've seen other biocubes with the wp10, and they get great water movement, so I hope to be joining that group!

I just installed a WP10 in my BC29. I put it on the back wall in the center of the tank. This think creates an awesome wave in my tank and I'm getting great movement throughout. I highly recommend.

duncan-junkie

I did the same, mounted the pump on the back wall, and I'm getting great movement, and a sweet wave. Prob gonna buy another one or an MP10 and put em both on opposite sides. For such a small pump, this thing moves water! VERY happy, and $61 well spent!

Hey guys! I am looking to upgrade my power heads from a couple of koralias in my 46 bowfront. It seems like these may be a good option. I really wanted 2 mp10's or 1 mp40 but no way am i going to spend the amount of money i spent on my lights for power heads... (being a university student, cash is of great importance to me lol) The question i have for ya'll is, should i purchase two wp10s? one wp10 with one or both of my koralia, orrr one wp25? any input would be great.

They offer a new package that let's you control two wp10s from one unit so that is an option for you.

If you are on a budget, and if I recall my college days were pretty tight, a single wp10 running alongside one of your existing pumps would get you most of the same benefit.

I just added sps to my tank so I have the wp10 on wave mode, and a 425 koralia in addition to the stock pump. The wp gives me a nice random wave and the other pumps keep the water column moving.

Okay so if I'm understood everything one wp10 with one of my koralias I will gain close to the same benefit with two wp10s. But two wp10s would allow for better wave control? If that's correct I may buy one wp10 now and when I have a little more money another if I feel the need?

• 5 months later...
reefernanoman

I transferred my MP10 from my NC 28G to my 7.5 gallon cube and now bought a wp10 for $46.80 with free two day shipping at Amazon(prime member). I will be installing it on my NC28 and see how it goes. I just didn't feel like shelling another $199+ for an MP10. So WP 10 owners here, how is your pump holding up?

Islandoftiki

I transferred my MP10 from my NC 28G to my 7.5 gallon cube and now bought a wp10 for $46.80 with free two day shipping at Amazon(prime member). I will be installing it on my NC28 and see how it goes. I just didn't feel like shelling another $199+ for an MP10. So WP 10 owners here, how is your pump holding up?

Mine has been working great since I installed it back in March.

reefernanoman

Well, I just installed my WP10 on the backwall of my NC 28G on the backwall underneath of one of the return nozzles. It feels pretty well built, but I can definately hear it running. I'm impressed at how small it is and how much water it moves. If I didn't have a cooling fan running, the noise would probably bother me more, but it's in the living room, so I should get used to it. From what I have read, it looks like some of these pumps come dead silent out of the box, while others don't. Hopefully it will last more than 1 year.

Well, I just installed my WP10 on the backwall of my NC 28G on the backwall underneath of one of the return nozzles. It feels pretty well built, but I can definately hear it running. I'm impressed at how small it is and how much water it moves. If I didn't have a cooling fan running, the noise would probably bother me more, but it's in the living room, so I should get used to it. From what I have read, it looks like some of these pumps come dead silent out of the box, while others don't. Hopefully it will last more than 1 year.

What mode are you running it in? In Else mode I hear it but if I just set it at full speed I don't.

I was set on getting a hydro, until i spotted one of thèse on eBay and reading this review. Thé only thing that worries me is thé noise as its in my room. Thé flexability sounds great with thé controller

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if unplugging these resets the settings you have them on?

When I do water changes, unplug then plug back in, it starts back up on the setting I had it on last.

But one time (probably had it unplugged longer), it started up at the highest settings (default) and caused a commotion in my 10G.

I'm worried about if the power goes out and the wp10 gets reset to highest settings while I'm not there. A small UPS would prob save me from worry :)

Well, after about two and a half weeks of the WP10 being in my tank, I noticed that(at least for me) it was not that powerful, so I grabbed my MP10 and put it back on my NC28 and put the WP10 in my 7.5G cube. The WP10 has a very small footprint, so It doesn't look like a monster in my smaller tank and it works great at the lowest speed on wave mode 1. I think that in a bigger tank, two would be needed. Some people say that it moves a great amount of water, but I just didn't see that, even in the highest setting on ELSE mode.

Does anyone know if unplugging these resets the settings you have them on?

When I do water changes, unplug then plug back in, it starts back up on the setting I had it on last.
But one time (probably had it unplugged longer), it started up at the highest settings (default) and caused a commotion in my 10G.
I'm worried about if the power goes out and the wp10 gets reset to highest settings while I'm not there. A small UPS would prob save me from worry :)

That's weird, since I have mine on a timer, which turns it off all night, and in the morning, it's back to the settings that I had it before.

Well, after about two and a half weeks of the WP10 being in my tank, I noticed that(at least for me) it was not that powerful, so I grabbed my MP10 and put it back on my NC28 and put the WP10 in my 7.5G cube. The WP10 has a very small footprint, so It doesn't look like a monster in my smaller tank and it works great at the lowest speed on wave mode 1. I think that in a bigger tank, two would be needed. Some people say that it moves a great amount of water, but I just didn't see that, even in the highest setting on ELSE mode.

That's weird, since I have mine on a timer, which turns it off all night, and in the morning, it's back to the settings that I had it before.

Hmm... might have accidentally changed the settings. I'll have to try this out again.

Archived