Cultivated Reef

WP-10 is the new go to wave pump for Nano tanks! Added to my Rimless 30g.

famousdan314

I have mine on W1, S1 and dial at about 50% along with the return from my ac70 and I have plenty of water movement now in a few weeks when everything is cycled I'll see how corals like it

Just saw that 20L video and mine doesn't wave like that could it be from the AC70 return kinda blocking the wave?

lookingsexual

put the dial @ 7 o'clock mark. it should give u some waves. theyre using short pulses so its the 7-12 o'clock marks for shorter waves.

ill try to get a video. i only have my iphone 5 and its hard to get a good video since my leds are so bright.

• 2 weeks later...
famousdan314

I found that the pump dialed to about 8 works best for my tank its 23" long. So far my pump is still very quiet and haven't had any problems.

Islandoftiki

Thoughts on the WP-10 for a 10G tank? Might pick one up in a month or so if it'd work well.

I would imaging it would work just fine. I used to run a Vortech MP-10 on my 10 gallon at 50%-60% and it wasn't too much. I think the WP-10 would be an excellent choice. It puts out a little less flow than the MP-10, but the WP-10 can be installed much closer to the surface than the vortech without sucking in a lot of air from the surface. I had to run an MP-10 shield on my 10 gallon tank to keep it from sucking a lot of air. I'd give it a try if I were you. I've been really happy with my WP-10.

After sitting on it for a few weeks, I finally had time to get my WP-10 installed. I have it on the wave mode and the lowest rate to start.with. I'm thinking that it will take a while to come up with the right combination of settings.But so far - so good.

It's very quiet. The skimmer and return pump is much louder than this, so I don't even hear it.

With this addition, I now have three flow sources

Hydor rotating return (left side)

Jaebo WP-10 (left side - pointed across the tank and slightly downward)

Hydor Nano 240 (right side)

I'm considering a schedule to run the two add-on flow sources (since the return pump will always be running). I'm thinking of turning off the WP-10 and 240 when the lights are out to give the fish a break from the current at night. Anyone have any experience here? Fortunately, the WP-10 remembers its last settings when turned off...

I have mine on W1, S1 and dial at about 50% along with the return from my ac70 and I have plenty of water movement now in a few weeks when everything is cycled I'll see how corals like it

Just saw that 20L video and mine doesn't wave like that could it be from the AC70 return kinda blocking the wave?

You probably just need to play with the wave duration. Even a heavy powerhead doesn't disrupt the wave effect on my 29 or the 27long I tested it with.

• 3 years later...

Jabeo pumps are hit and miss.

I've got an RW-8 that is 2 1/2 years old, and a RW-4 that is 2 years old and both are going strong. That said. I had an RW-4 die 6 months after I bought it.

Just purchased 2 SW-2's to swap into my BC29 so I could get a more varied flow pattern. Bought them from Amazon with the Assurant 3 yr warranty. Probably a waste of money but the only chance I could see for any sort of warranty.

I see two types of waves posted around. One that rocks the tank left and right , then the other with a hump in the middle.

So which one is “better”?

Aesthetically I like the “humpless “ version lol but I could never get it going like that with my MP-10, it just looks like yours. Maybe it’s the timing ?

See what I’m talking about in this video.

Just picked this up after my Jebao failing on Amazon for $82. So far so good. Current is known for great customer support and this comes with a 1 year warranty, which is a relief. It's working really well so far, I have it on stream mode and my corals, anemone and clowns seems to love it.

IMG_5429.thumb.JPG.6f1a93fe8790ce5499fd45bbf1317622.JPG

• Like 1