SaltCritters.com

WP-10 is the new go to wave pump for Nano tanks! Added to my Rimless 30g.

famousdan314

famousdan314

So I said I would make a short video/review for the jebao wp10 wave pump. I am very impressed with this small pump. It took me a while to play with the settings to get the right wave, probably because I didn't read the manual at first..haha. Once I read the manual and learned the functions on the controller I was able to get the desired wave motion. Like I mentioned in the video the display area is probably close to 20 gallons. So if you have anything larger then I would recommend getting the WP-25. The pump itself is very quiet, if you hear any background noise its probably my return pump.

Here's the link, hope this helps other people decide on whether this pump is for you. Enjoy.

• Like 7

Thanks for the video. To add to the conversation, I have a WP-10 on my 30 gallon rimless IM Nuvo and have the same positive results. I tried the Jebao WP-25 and it was just slightly too much flow. If I had a 12/24v power supply I probably could have run it.

I may add a second WP-10 on the other side of my tank to get rid of any dead spots in my tank. Also, no noise from the WP-10 whatsoever. Having previously owned a MP10, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Best of luck with your JBJ!

• Like 1
famousdan314
Thanks for the video. To add to the conversation, I have a WP-10 on my 30 gallon rimless IM Nuvo and have the same positive results. I tried the Jebao WP-25 and it was just slightly too much flow. If I had a 12/24v power supply I probably could have run it.

I may add a second WP-10 on the other side of my tank to get rid of any dead spots in my tank. Also, no noise from the WP-10 whatsoever. Having previously owned a MP10, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Best of luck with your JBJ!

Thank you feel free to drop me a line on my thread or some stocking suggestions. I'm glad you enjoyed the video, I love the wave and rocking motion it puts in the tank. I may run my koralia nano pump on the opposite side and set it so the wp10 turns off at night and the koralia comes on for a calmer flow.

Nice video and nice motion! However, I disagree about using the WP-25 for anything over ~20 gallons. It's too strong! I'd say 2 WP-10s would be a better option for anything between ~30 gallons and ~75 gallons IME.

• Like 1
famousdan314

Nice video and nice motion! However, I disagree about using the WP-25 for anything over ~20 gallons. It's too strong! I'd say 2 WP-10s would be a better option for anything between ~30 gallons and ~75 gallons IME.

You are probably right I haven't owned a wp25. It seems like they need to optimize the capability of dialing down the larger pumps to accommodate for different tank sizes between the wp10 capabilities and the wp25, or maybe they need to make a wp15.:-)

You are probably right I haven't owned a wp25. It seems like they need to optimize the capability of dialing down the larger pumps to accommodate for different tank sizes between the wp10 capabilities and the wp25, or maybe they need to make a wp15.:-)

Yea you could put a wp25 in a 25g but it'd quickly become a 20g...then a 15g...then a 10g as it spit water all over your floor lol.

• Like 1

Looks great man! Thanks for the review. I'm torn between the WP-10 or a pair of the Hydor Koralia Nano (425gph) for my 29g.

Definitely a WP10. The same footprint as one 425 and quadruple the utility.

• Like 1

Looks great man! Thanks for the review. I'm torn between the WP-10 or a pair of the Hydor Koralia Nano (425gph) for my 29g.

Go with the WP-10, I have one in my BioCube and it's pretty sweet. It's about the size of 1 of the 425's but will move much more water. I've got everything in the BC rockin and rolling, swaying to the beat or wave or whatever.

• Like 1
SmoothSmoke

I'm definitely leaning that way! I much rather have 1 wp-10, than two of the other. Less clutter. Just not sure if 1 wp-10 will supply enough flow for my 29g.

Islandoftiki

Splurge and get two WP10's and have them play off of each other randomly for a really good random flow in the tank. I just added a Jebao WP10 to my Vortech MP10 and even with both at full blast, it's not too much flow for my nuvo 30 gallon. What it is now is really good and really random flow. I don't see any detritus building up in any odd corners of the tank with two powerheads.

• Like 1

I just got the WP-10 and honestly Im a bit disappointed. Its a bit noisier than my Koralia 425. My Koralia is dead silent and I find the flow to work better on my tank . The WP-10 quality is cheap coming from China. Honestly next time I'd rather have something made from Germany or Italy.

The WP-10 is okay and I'm sure many people love it. My next purchases will either be a Tunze or Koralia. The Koralia has a kit that you can purchase it comes with 2 pumps and a smart wave controller all for about a hundred bucks. That to me is the best deal you can get for a nano pump.

The only time my WP-10 will make noise is if the wall that it's mounted on vibrates due to my maxijet crapping out. When attached to glass, nothing.

• Like 1

For a 29 gallon, 36" long tank you could go with a WP-25 and probably a variable voltage power supply. It will move all the water in your tank if adjusted right.

I also found the pump to be noisy but mine was making grinding noise... I think it was just a bad batch hence I returned it and asked them to replace it.

I also bought a koralia nano as a back-up but even that koralia was making noise (not all the time but I woudl say 80%)...

having the worst luck with pumps....

The quality of flow between the koralia 425 vs WP10, I find the wp10 to be dominating. On my 10g tank, 425 was very low and I see very little movement of water but the wp10 you can easily see water being pushed around.

That was my 2cent on the wp10, I hope the new one I get works to be more quiet.

SmoothSmoke

Looks like 1 wp10 will give me decent flow in a 29 gallon.

29 gallon running 1 wp10

I'm thinking 2 may be overkill. Thoughts?

For a 29 gallon, 36" long tank you could go with a WP-25 and probably a variable voltage power supply. It will move all the water in your tank if adjusted right.

My tank is 30 x 12 x 18. Hopefully one WP10 will work.

I plan to use my WP-10 in my 20 long. Haven't gotten it wet yet to know how well it will work though.

Ill be doing the same thing I cant wait to get it

I'm definitely leaning that way! I much rather have 1 wp-10, than two of the other. Less clutter. Just not sure if 1 wp-10 will supply enough flow for my 29g.

I have kept mine on 50% on my 29 cube and I get a nice wave. I may go 100% later but for now it's too much for my Lps. The only other flow I have is the return pump (though I do have very open rock work)

On 50% I can barely hear it and is quieter than my return pump. At full blast there is a whirring sound caused by the fast ramp up. Still pretty quiet and I hate loud tanks.

lookingsexual

I just got the WP10 today and it is very small...but it does move water very well for its size. I'm currently using it on a 20L and it creates enough waves/flow for the tank.

Setting: W1, S1, Dial @ 3PM

Try it and see if you guys like it.

Also let me know what setting you guys are using.

• Like 2

I just got the WP10 today and it is very small...but it does move water very well for its size. I'm currently using it on a 20L and it creates enough waves/flow for the tank.

Setting: W1, S1, Dial @ 3PM

Try it and see if you guys like it.

Also let me know what setting you guys are using.

i wanna see what it can do on a 20 long, will you do a vid