Cultivated Reef

12G Long Nano Reef - Tank Crash & Recovery!!

MrNanoReef

Holy Craftsmanship Batman!

Great work on everything, people like you make me waste $$ on attempting diy projects to then be unhappy w/ the appearence! haha

I envy your craftsmanship!

I double checked, so sorry if I overlooked but did you mention where you found the "power adapters" or whatever they are called in your post #53

Thank you, it does put off a lot of headache and frustration though, I'd buy anything I possibly could saving time for something else. Those are my DIY ATO systems in post #53 which is simply a 12v relay and 12v power adapter wired inside that box.

Thank you, it does put off a lot of headache and frustration though, I'd buy anything I possibly could saving time for something else. Those are my DIY ATO systems in post #53 which is simply a 12v relay and 12v power adapter wired inside that box.

Ahhh gotcha, DIY itself.

Well great job, looks clean, hard to do w/ those electronics!

Thanks!

• Like 1

Ahhh gotcha, DIY itself.

Well great job, looks clean, hard to do w/ those electronics!

Thanks!

yep! Thank you. took a bit of headache with the wiring for that too, no pain no gain :)

Hey man, what an awesome build. You certainly have an eye for detail and mad DIY skills.

Could you walk me through your DIY HOB sump (with pics if possible), I'm planning an upgrade and I was thinking of doing something similar. What are you using to suck the water into the sump?

EDIT: I just found your DIY thread lol

• Like 1

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the corals get into your display tank :D

I have the same lights that you have (but in shorter length) and wanna try some sps. Wondering how they'll do for sps like montis.

• Like 1

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the corals get into your display tank :D

I have the same lights that you have (but in shorter length) and wanna try some sps. Wondering how they'll do for sps like montis.

Thanks, yeah me too! I think it will do fine, just have to turn it up a bit, im at 70 blue/30 white, you can slowly raise it up all the way to 100% but my tank is so shallow I don't think i need 100%.

Well I got my order from Saltcritters today and not very happy with it (UPS fault). My order is suppose to be here by 10:30am but it arrived late at 6:30pm and the bag fell too warm as the box has been sitting in the truck all day, it's 95 here in TX and my Rock Flower Anemone is in bad shape, got some guts floating around in the bag, I put her in my QT tank on a piece of frag plug inside a 1/2" tall PVC tube, that way if she attached to the frag plug, it's easy to remove her later if she make it. One of the other corals is RIP straight out the bag, no flesh with skeleton showing :(, hope saltcritters will make it right for me some of these don't make it. Still keeping an eyes on the rest of the corals health.

Hey man, what an awesome build. You certainly have an eye for detail and mad DIY skills.

Could you walk me through your DIY HOB sump (with pics if possible), I'm planning an upgrade and I was thinking of doing something similar. What are you using to suck the water into the sump?

EDIT: I just found your DIY thread lol

Thank you. I just use an Eheim 600 pump but you can use anything between 100-160gph. Yep you did, right there under my sig :)

post-83775-0-40453400-1409797490_thumb.jpg

post-83775-0-03163000-1409797491_thumb.jpg

Saltcritters has a 7 days or 21 days guarantee right?? Hope he refunds you.

Well I don't know but on the piece of paper it comes with, it said I have 2 hours to report DOA after delivery. That's why I posted on their thread just for the record. I hope I get a refund instead of store credit for future order which has to be couple hundreds $$.

Well I don't know but on the piece of paper it comes with, it said I have 2 hours to report DOA after delivery. That's why I posted on their thread just for the record. I hope I get a refund instead of store credit for future order which has to be couple hundreds $$.

hmmm...i swear i saw he had 7 days guarantee a few months ago. maybe he stopped doing that...

hmmm...i swear i saw he had 7 days guarantee a few months ago. maybe he stopped doing that...

Well Im sure he will make it right though, im not worrying. On the bright side, reefgardener's order is coming tomorrow :)

• Like 1

Can't believe I've missed this thread, great build! I love seeing these tanks and dimensions, especially ones that are done so well and have a clean design. I'll be looking forward to see the coral growth in the coming months.

• Like 1

I just did a double take looking through your thread. Did you move into my old house? My walls were the exact shade of green. Even had a 12 long: Twinsies

Seriously though, nice work on the tank. And sucks about the shipment. Good luck getting it taken care of.

• Like 1

Can't believe I've missed this thread, great build! I love seeing these tanks and dimensions, especially ones that are done so well and have a clean design. I'll be looking forward to see the coral growth in the coming months.

Thanks man. You have great build too, I'd trade for your tank dimensions :). I like your first scape better though.

I just did a double take looking through your thread. Did you move into my old house? My walls were the exact shade of green. Even had a 12 long: Twinsies

Seriously though, nice work on the tank. And sucks about the shipment. Good luck getting it taken care of.

Thank you. My house was built from ground up so I doubt it...haha, but we sure have similar taste for super bright wall color :)

Look what just came! :rolleyes:

Morgan sent me some nice peices, the Superman monti is huge like 2" diameter, not a tiny piece of frag...wow!!! wasn't expecting that.

post-83775-0-51367400-1409866966_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

well the RFA didn't make it, it melted away and smell really bad so i removed it from the QT before it spike an ammonia and cause more problem to other inverts/corals.

Hi I am also thinking of getting the Mr Aqua. Can you tell me how you made the cover? What kind of material and where to get them. You tank looks great. Thanks you

Thank you. I used a window frame kit from Home Depot and some mesh material in fabric department at Wal-mart.

Just claimed this baby, pricey but can't pass up such a rare and amazing show piece, never seen torch like that before :)

That is gorgeous!

No reefgardener coral photos???? :D

• Like 1

That is gorgeous!

No reefgardener coral photos???? :D

Thanks...im excited! I'd never buy a coral frag that pricey but she's just too gorgeous and unique :). Sorry they're in QT tank with a bunch of other corals, it's just too clutter to take good photos, but I will once they're in the DT.

• Like 1

Thanks...im excited! I'd never buy a coral frag that pricey but that is just too stunning and unique :). Sorry they're in QT tank with a bunch of other corals, it's just too clutter to take good photos, but I will once they're in the DT.

I can wait :)

I can wait :)

Im wondering if it's necessary to QT for 6 weeks to get rid of ich, seems too long and im loosing patient lol, im wondering if I can just dip them again in coral dip and wash them a bit in DT's water and just put them in. Also my QT tank doesn't have the same filtration and lighting to QT for that long.

Im wondering if it's necessary to QT for 6 weeks to get rid of ich, seems too long and im loosing patient lol, im wondering if I can just dip them again in coral dip and wash them a bit in DT's water and just put them in. Also my QT tank doesn't have the same filtration and lighting to QT for that long.

http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fa164

"May range from 6 days to 11 weeks, primarily because of the unpredictability of tomont development. The length of the entire life cycle varies, depending upon a number of factors, including strain of Cryptocaryon, temperature, salinity, and fish host. Even for a specific strain and fish host, the life cycle may vary by weeks or months. An average life cycle appears to be 1 to 2 weeks; however, life cycle durations may range from 6 days to 11 weeks, primarily because of the unpredictability of tomont development (Colorni and Burgess 1997; Dickerson 2006; Yambot 2003)."
  • Like 1

FTS 9-13-14 Before tank take down... :(

3rd rescape, new custom rock structures (left half) allows for more open swimming space and corals placement, lots of new corals. Also added Hydor pico powerhead for a little more flow.

15051017417_c1f260aff2_z.jpg

• Like 6