Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ray's Finally 40 Breeder!

Sugardaddy1979

Sugardaddy1979

So 'm finally starting my 40 breeder!

Known equipment will be:

Deep Blue Professional non-tempered (all sides and bottom) 40 breeder with black silicone

Aquaticlife 4 buld T5ho with built in timer. It came with 2 blue, one purple and one 10K. I also already have 2 new ATI coral plus that I picked up on clearance at an LFS as I was passing through. May pick up 2 blue plus to go with them. Or I'll wait 6 to 9 months and then swap.

Jebao WP25

Maybe a koralia 240 or 425. I have three 240s and one 425, so we'll see what we see.

45 Lbs of Caribsea Special Grade Seaflor

30ish lbs of existing live rock. Not sure what kind.

200 Watt Deep Blue Heat Stik

Equipment Still in Limbo

I have an AC70 that I might use

OR

I may add a sump if I can bite the bullet for the added expense today

Live stock that will be transferred:

An ocellaris clown pair

A red firefish

A yellow watchman goby with red tiger pistol shrimp

Going to stick with sofities and LPS for now.

Corals that will be transferred:

Button polyps (wish I could get rid of these, but came with the tank and not sure what to do about it)

One remaining whammin watermelon zoa polyp. Hoping it will reproduce.

Some red and purple mushrooms

Two different branching euphyllia

What I'm pretty sure is a duncan

Green star polyps

Waving Hand coral

Existing CUC:

A pincushion (I think) urchin

A banded seroant star

An eerald crab

One scarlet hermit

One zebra hermit

10 or so red and blue legged herits

6 nassarius

5 Astreas

3 or 4 cerinths

To be continued

• 2 weeks later...
Sugardaddy1979

I did finally decide to do a sump with the glass-holes 700 kit. Drill the holes yesterday with no issues. I have 3 of 4 baffles in my 20 long sump and my return pump came today. I picked up a brand new in box Quiet one 2200 off of eBay for $26 shipped. Not bad huh?

Sugardaddy1979

Last baffle is in. Not beautiful silicone, but should do. Got my clear screen top made and the frames painted black and picked up most of my plumbing pieces too. Hope to do freshwater test this weekend.

Looks like this is gonna be a nice build,so don't skimp on the pics.ive been using a quiet one3000 on my 40breeder for 2 years with no issues

Sugardaddy1979

I'm trying to make it nice. Just taking me forever..... I hope I can get it wet the weekend. Have to see if I can get the back painted first. That might push me to next weekend.

TheTeenReefer

How did you cut your glass panels for your sump? Everyone makes it sound easy but it looks hard to me.

Sugardaddy1979

I had a glass glass shop cut them for me. Just gave them measurements and asked for polished edges and for the bottom corners to be rounded so they wouldn't cut the silicone. Charged me $21.40.

Sugardaddy1979

It's officially full of freshwater!

Freshwater test:

There's an outside chance IL make the swap tomorrow after church. We will see.

Sugardaddy1979

I did get it done after church. This was this morning with lights out. Pictures with lights on later hope.

IMG_20140317_091734_zpsdptcy0po.jpg

Sugardaddy1979

A video all all set up and clear. Still have 4 layers of screen on top for light acclimation. Plan to pull 1 per week for a month. Does it look like frogspawn and Duncan are getting too much flow or should I let them adjust longer? set up since 3/17/14 at close to midnight.

My new 40 breeder set up and clear water:

WhiskyTango

Looks like a nice start!

How is Athens these day? I was born at St. Mary's while my dad was in pharmacy school at UGA.

Sugardaddy1979

Looks like a nice start!

How is Athens these day? I was born at St. Mary's while my dad was in pharmacy school at UGA.

Athens is awesome. All 4 of my kids were born at St Mary's. Great hospital.

Had my first uh oh yesterday. Doing my routine tank check at 7 pm and found my return bulkhead leaking. Turned out I had overtightened the elbow into it and it cracked. Had a super slow drip. My awesome lfs let me in after hours and sold me a new bulkhead. Only issue is that this one is slip x slip. I had to screw my loc line into a pvc adapter and so I have a small piece of white pipe in the tank. Doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would. I might just leave it be for now.

• 4 weeks later...
Sugardaddy1979

It's on w1 s1 dialed just shy if half back. It'll slosh water out with a standing wave if I want.

IMG_20140413_163550_zpskob2dcwy.jpg

IMG_20140413_163615_zps7ujtovup.jpg

IMG_20140413_163653_zpsnv8lmvfv.jpg

IMG_20140413_163544_zpstth5si4y.jpg

IMG_20140413_163622_zps4dae0xff.jpg

Archived