Cultivated Reef

Custom NUVO 20 Fusion: New Stand

xiaoxiy

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

The birdsnest position was bothering me, so I ended up remounting it higher up in the tank.

32060829850_37e67b0845_o.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Also, for those of you that haven't noticed, I ended up swapping the Mini out for a Old-style Duo. Much happier with the light spread.

Wow, I didn't notice! But comparing to the pictures on the last page, the Duo is much better, most of the shadows are gone :)

Absolutely! The addition of a second array really does produce a even light.

• 2 weeks later...

sad day.

The purple acropora I've had for 1.5 years now is STNing at the base again. I also heard a crunching noise this afternoon and found a pipefish caught in the MP10.

:(

Nice tank. Do you mind sharing your setting on the duo, I have an older version as well over my 16g IM nuvo and am trying to get the right balance for my corals.

Sorry about the pipefish:( Thats awful!

brutal. sorry to hear. your tank is beautiful.

Thanks Burt. I still have 1 more pipefish left; if he/she dies, I'm done with pipefish for good. Just too heartbreaking.

Oh no! :wacko:

I know :( What a shitty day.

Nice tank. Do you mind sharing your setting on the duo, I have an older version as well over my 16g IM nuvo and am trying to get the right balance for my corals.

Sorry about the pipefish:( Thats awful!

I'm in the same boat right now. I tried 80/55, but things started paling and STNing on me, so I dropped it down to 55/55 3 days ago. I'll let you know how things look in a week or two.

The duo looks great over the tank. I love the aquacape with the angled trench down the middle.

Thanks Scorched!

Still dealing with the STN :(. It seems to have slowed down a bit though. On the downside, nothing in my tank has grown: my alk has stayed a stable 7.3 for the past 3 weeks without dosing.

Currently, I have been doing 1g water changes daily for the past 12 days. I'm planning on keeping it up, hopefully the tank will turn around with some time and TLC.

My parameters have been running 0-2ppm nitrates, 0ppm phosphates, 420ppm calcium, 7.3dkH, 1340ppm Mg.

For those curious, I feed 1/4 cube Calanus, Mysis and Cyclops, for a daily total of 1/2 cube of each. I also alternate between feeding BRS reef chili and LRS nano reef frenzy every other day. Furthermore, I've been feeding 4ml of Reef Energy A and B. This is what my morning feed looks like:

32663759095_7e7d3a218e_o.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Remember you just doubled you light from your old one.

-Dave

Yup! I dropped both channels down to 55/55 three days ago. Seeing how the STN has slowed, I think dropping the light intensity was a step in the right direction.

Yup! I dropped both channels down to 55/55 three days ago. Seeing how the STN has slowed, I think dropping the light intensity was a step in the right direction.

With increased light you will have an increase during the day of intake of ALK, CAL, etc. Just keep your eyes peeled.

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

My fish are pigs.

I have 6 fish in my setup, 2 clowns, a pipefish, a damsel and a sixline. I typically feed 1/2 cube hikari mysis, 1/2 cube calanus, 1/2 cube cyclops at minimum every day. I picked up some PE mysis and defrosted it to see how big the pieces were. Out of curiosity, I added a whole defrosted cube to my afternoon feeding regiment. My fat fishies ate the entire cube in addition to the regular feedings....

Wtf. Now they all have distended, rotund stomachs.

My fish are pigs.

I have 6 fish in my setup, 2 clowns, a pipefish, a damsel and a sixline. I typically feed 1/2 cube hikari mysis, 1/2 cube calanus, 1/2 cube cyclops at minimum every day. I picked up some PE mysis and defrosted it to see how big the pieces were. Out of curiosity, I added a whole defrosted cube to my afternoon feeding regiment. My fat fishies ate the entire cube in addition to the regular feedings....

Wtf. Now they all have distended, rotund stomachs.

so that white/yellow fish is a damsel?

What kind? it looks beautiful!

Archived