Coral Vue Hydros

What do you feed your Zoanthids?

Eclipse

I'd like some more growth on my zoas and already have the lighting for it, but I hear that supplemental feedings help a lot with growth. So, what do you guys feed your zoas? I'll be going out to my LFS and I'd like to know what it is that would be best for them.

I'd like some more growth on my zoas and already have the lighting for it, but I hear that supplemental feedings help a lot with growth. So, what do you guys feed your zoas? I'll be going out to my LFS and I'd like to know what it is that would be best for them.
Clean water with T5 lighting to start. Then Kent coral accel and reef roids!

Love?

No really, in theory I suppose they eat when you feed if you utilize a very fine particulate food, but they will grab whatever you offer them and at least try. Rod's food has had some pretty good results thus far for me!

Good luck!

Adult brine is to big. Ive tried xsmall pellets and they have eaten that. Takes a really long time though but they do grow more when I feed them. I don't hassle with feeding them cause once they get going zoas just grow so fast.

They can't take brine right? At least I tried it once and the brine shrimp just stayed on them, they didn't close up or eat it or anything.

anything that happens to bump into them from me feeding the SPS. i dont offer any food to them specifically. tried once with live BBS and got no response at all.

ive been using phol's coral vitalizer from KZ for about 3 months and noticed great growth on all my zoa's, specially my pink zippers. downside is that its a lot of money....

edit* i broadcast feed the tank

None of my zoanthids show a feeding response. My palys however do eat. Mysis is just the right size for them.

Not like they need to be fed they grow so friggin fast.

My zoas are not the fastest grower in my tank, my frogspawn and yuma are tied, just be patient they will grow and feeding does help. Every couple weeks I notice a couple new polyps usually

I mean I get a polyp or two a month from my fastest zoa but my pink/gold paly gets a few a week. I'm constantly plucking heads to keep them controlled.

Zoanthids don't really takes off for me until they have been in the tank awhile.

Do you target feed? I was target feeding some cyclopeeze yesterday and one of the zoa heads closed up on the food, but I don't know if that indicated that it was eating?

I've tried to before but they never actually ingest the food, with the exception of the palythoas. The only time that they eat is when they catch the extra fish food or when I stir up the detritus.

Archived