Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nanofreak's Z'z & P'z Paradise....

Nanofreak79

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79
ghetto fab? im assuming light defuser?

Yes, white, at that. Plus I only had one magnet so it leaned a bit ;)

Nanofreak79

I'll be cutting the tubing and adding black silicone tubing to match the color scheme for the ATO container.

Nanofreak79
I have one of those wavepoints. love the mod.
Great little light for the $. It's good for smaller tanks anyway, which I'll use on the rimless cube I have.

I think the question got lost in all the garble of pics and what not.......but, does ANYONE know what I can coat laminated MDF in to prevent moisture damage? Or is there not that many people cruising this thread? I can only answer one of those questions!

Nanofreak79
Hmm ... Shellac sealer with a polyurethane coat on top may work though multiple coats may be needed.

Thank you! What about just the poly? I'm a lazy painter.

Nanofreak79

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/jblaze2579/media/image_zps58e153f3.jpg.html]image_zps58e153f3.jpg[/url]

Got the stand today. Still need to skin the back with 1/2" plywood and put single 2x4 supports on top and bottom......also might continue theme of red and black on the stand. What do you guys think, keep it black or add red accents? My NanoBox will be red and black.

Sump shot!

image_zps461b7d7f.jpg

The contents on top will be put on a shelf inside for my coral QT tank, or small cube.

[url=http://s905.photobucket.com/user/jblaze2579/media/image_zpsd2125d4a.jpg.html]image_zpsd2125d4a.jpg[/url

Nanofreak79
Red accents would look soooooo sexy.
I'm thinking the same thing, maybe not over do to too much though. Thanks for you input!

That skimmer sticks out like a sore thumb....maybe I need to get a reef octopus skimmer? I'll have to deal with it for now anyway.

Nanofreak79

Picture doesn't do them justice, but picked up some multi color LEDs for inside the cabinet. I water proofed them with silicone

image_zps58a7935c.jpg

Nanofreak79

Fixed the stand! Couldn't wait and had some extra wood laying around. I used the original backing that came with the stand and then overplayed 3/4" plywood on top of that. I took 2x4 pieces for the top and bottom panels for extra support. Thing is rock solid now!

Now I need to paint or apply some sort of poly? Or something to keep moisture from getting into the MDF covered panels.

http://s905.photobucket.com/user/jblaze2579/media/image_zps590c66f0.jpg.html'>image_zps590c66f0.jpg

Nanofreak79
That skimmer really sticks out from the rest of the build.

I know right. The whole red thing was an after thought, or after I decided the colors for my NanoBox. Kicking my own balls now. Maybe I can do a trade in the forum for a used NWB 150 octopus?

Nanofreak79

Tomorrow I get Legendary coral shipment!!!!!!

Yup that'll do captain.
Thanks tron....gotta send you some pics of my T5's. Corals are loving em!
Nanofreak79

I was reading up on that. It sounds like it's inert after all the voc's go away, or dries,at least 3-4 days. I am a little worried, but people use it all the time. I had more trouble finding bad versus good things about using it?

Sump depth is 6" so not much will be submerged. If I could I'd buy a new reef octo diablo now, but money is a little tight. I still need to purchase the light$$$$

Archived