Top Shelf Aquatics

A Word of Caution!

Rollermonkey

John can't count even when you ask for no extras!

:D

I had a surprise delivery today!

My ReefCleaners order was supposed to get here tomorrow, based on USPS's service commitment, but surprise, surprise, a government agency that performed better than it was required to!

I'm not going to post pictures of the algae, but here's the snail piles:

"18" Nerites:

http://s179.photobucket.com/user/rollermonkey/media/P1000904_zpse2d7b282.jpg.html'>P1000904_zpse2d7b282.jpg

(Actual quantity: 51, DOAs? Probably zero, most are already open and moving within two minutes of opening the bag.)

"26" Florida Ceriths:

http://s179.photobucket.com/user/rollermonkey/media/P1000901_zps8ed32294.jpg.html'>P1000901_zps8ed32294.jpg

(Actual quantity: 32, unless any grew legs and metamorphosed into hermits, DOAs unknown, these do tend to wake up a little slower.)

"16" Nassarius:

http://s179.photobucket.com/user/rollermonkey/media/P1000902_zpsc0889826.jpg.html'>P1000902_zpsc0889826.jpg

(Actual quantity: 20 DOAs: unknown)

"50" Dwarf Ceriths

http://s179.photobucket.com/user/rollermonkey/media/P1000903_zps7b94041e.jpg.html'>P1000903_zps7b94041e.jpg

(Actual quantity: 185-ish based on an estimate using snails per square inch in the bag, DOAs: unknown, but many are already moving even though they were the last ones into the tank... One has already travelled 12" in the 15 minutes since I opened the bag.)

Not shown:

1 electric-blue hermit, 1 scarlet hermit and two striped leg hermits. These were the first bag I opened, and had already catapulted themselves off the rock tower I placed them on so I could ID the species as they woke up, AND run clear across the whole tank in every direction, before I was even done opening bags.

1 emerald crab. It scurried into a crack within seconds of touching down.

2 clumps of Chaeto, one clump of Red Gracilaria, about 8 Ulva rhizomes and a quart bag of pods.

Seriously, people. Why would anyone buy CUC from the LFS at this point?

I've always ordered CUC for a tank about 3/4 the size of the one I'm stocking bc John always makes sure that even with DOAs you will have enough. Definitely one of the best companies in the aquarium trade

Everyone loves John and his terrible math skills lol. And that's why when someone asks where to get their CUC...we ALL tell them to shop with him :)

Not intending to nitpick (if what you say's true I want some!)... but "ulva rhizomes"? I've only seen the stuff sold in sheet-like clumps - but if anyone were to sell it in a more anchorable form it'd be John.

You must have run him completely out of inventory... only the penny macro's showing up on the shop page. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is depressing for a Canadian.

i was just about to ask if they ship to canada, but gathering from you post they don't... do you have any recommendations for good sites that deliver to canada (for anything, from fish to CUC to coral) as i seem to have a very difficult time finding them

My order arrived today. Oh my is there a lot. I'm going to have to crank up the lights to grow more algae to keep this lot fed!

i was just about to ask if they ship to canada, but gathering from you post they don't... do you have any recommendations for good sites that deliver to canada (for anything, from fish to CUC to coral) as i seem to have a very difficult time finding them

Honestly I can't say for certain that they don't. If you look at the custom package page, they say that International Customers should "email them". I don't think they ship to Canada (don't quote me), but it looks like John is still willing to help us Canadians to fashion a CUC even if he can't sell them to us. I can't think of a more honest company than RC if that is the case.

johnmaloney

This thread is depressing for a Canadian.

Honestly I can't say for certain that they don't. If you look at the custom package page, they say that International Customers should "email them". I don't think they ship to Canada (don't quote me), but it looks like John is still willing to help us Canadians to fashion a CUC even if he can't sell them to us. I can't think of a more honest company than RC if that is the case.

Thanks! Unfortunately shipping to Canada is rather difficult. You have to be a professional importer living near a designated port of entry. We tried it a few times, shipping and paperwork costs were around $500, and then the packages were all delayed because of paperwork troubles and/or lack of an import license. I gave up and let me export permit lapse a year ago.

Archived