Innovative Marine Aquariums

Innovative Fusion series

Bobyboy

So, what makes these better than the IM CustomCaddy?

The intank baskets actually fit right. And yes, fuge would go in the second camber.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, what makes these better than the IM CustomCaddy brand?

Better fitment and flow design. Larger size and much higher quality. The custom caddies are cheap knock offs that use very cheap acrylic out of China.

Better fitment and flow design. Larger size and much higher quality. The custom caddies are cheap knock offs that use very cheap acrylic out of China.

How long will it take to receive the Fusion 30 caddys if I placed an order today? I live in the north chicago suburbs. I really like the quality of your product.

How long will it take to receive the Fusion 30 caddys if I placed an order today? I live in the north chicago suburbs. I really like the quality of your product.

They are not ready for sale yet but will be very soon. After they are we are located near Milwaukee so depending on the shipping service you choose next day UPS ground or about 2 days priority or UPS economy.

I need these. I think it will compliment my collection of specs, nuvo 24, RL30, and RSM 130 baskets. Damn you Stevie, I just can't stop.

I certainly will be one of the first to order these. Should I continue to check your website or is there an email list to join so that I can get the update when their ready. I appreciate you time with answering my questions and I look forward to adding the innovative Marine Fusion 30 Fuge baskets to my aquarium.

I certainly will be one of the first to order these. Should I continue to check your website or is there an email list to join so that I can get the update when their ready. I appreciate you time with answering my questions and I look forward to adding the innovative Marine Fusion 30 Fuge baskets to my aquarium.

you can sign up for new product alerts here: http://goo.gl/B9EtnC

I just got one of the Fusion 20 tanks, and it looks like Innovative marine is pointing people to their accessories for the Nuvo 16 (Just ordered a Ghost skimmer from you guys :) ) so it stands to reason that your media baskets for the Nuvo 16 would work as well?

Nuvo 16 media chamber: 2.75" x 2.75" according to their specs

Fusion 20 chamber: 2.8" x 2.97 also according to their specs.

The specs don't mention depth, but I measured about 10.75 inches or so, just a tad under 11"

Based on this, I'm guessing the baskets for the 16 will work, or will you be making others just for this tank? The measurements seem so close I'm not sure it would be worth it. I do know that the stock baskets they ship with the tank are utter crap, and I will be replacing them shortly when I am sure the Nuvo 16 baskets will work, or later if new ones need to be made for the Fusion 20.

So I understand correctly its best to wait for a basket set made specifically for the IM Fusion 20 instead of trying to buy the IM16 version? If so I'll happily wait. Your BC14 basket has served me fantastically over the past two years!

I just got one of the Fusion 20 tanks, and it looks like Innovative marine is pointing people to their accessories for the Nuvo 16 (Just ordered a Ghost skimmer from you guys :) ) so it stands to reason that your media baskets for the Nuvo 16 would work as well?

Nuvo 16 media chamber: 2.75" x 2.75" according to their specs

Fusion 20 chamber: 2.8" x 2.97 also according to their specs.

The specs don't mention depth, but I measured about 10.75 inches or so, just a tad under 11"

Based on this, I'm guessing the baskets for the 16 will work, or will you be making others just for this tank? The measurements seem so close I'm not sure it would be worth it. I do know that the stock baskets they ship with the tank are utter crap, and I will be replacing them shortly when I am sure the Nuvo 16 baskets will work, or later if new ones need to be made for the Fusion 20.

What is the height of the chamber from the bottom to the underside of the intake channel piece?

All I'm waiting on for the final set-up on my 30L is the intank baskets. hint, hint, push!

I will be reviewing an updated prototype on Wednesday

So I understand correctly its best to wait for a basket set made specifically for the IM Fusion 20 instead of trying to buy the IM16 version? If so I'll happily wait. Your BC14 basket has served me fantastically over the past two years!

We don't know that yet as I haven't seen the Fusion 20 yet. The dims of the IM16 basket are:

• 8-5/8" tall
  • 10-1/8" tall overall with handle
  • 2-1/8" wide
  • 2-5/8" deep

We had a customer today purchase two IM16 baskets for their IM Fusion 20 as they think it is damn near a perfect fit. So they will be reporting back with a picture.

It wouldn't surprise me if IM used the same design, they are using the same pump from the IM16. Their 30 and 40 Fusion tanks have the same rear chamber design. Their Nuvo 30 & 38 had the same chambers. The Nuvo IM16 and IM 4 were the same first chamber design and overall depth/height.

I hope that makes sense, I just realized I have way too much AIO info in my noggin.

I took the plunge...I'll report back when I get the baskets. I also called IM, and they say that their custom caddies for the Nuvo 16 will fit the Fusion 20, so I'm pretty confident that the Intank baskets will work.

Good work Stevie/intank. Love the media baskets had/have them for my old biocube 29, tanks long gone baskets still here. Know this is a long shot but anyway to get custom colored inserts for the baskets? Dying for these to be made for my fusion 30l suffering with the oems. Sure you've been asked this before but willing to pay some extra skrilla obviously if this is an option.

My leak test for the 30L has now been going for 3 weeks. I was gonna try to use my nuvo 24 baskets, then u posted an update on these. Stevie, I need my water wet!!!!

. Know this is a long shot but anyway to get custom colored inserts for the baskets?

No sorry we do not do custom work/colors. The way these are produced and how we purchase acrylic ahead of time the shelf colors are all the same. Thanks.

Update:

One final design is needed but it will be put into production next week. With MACNA all of next week they will be packaged the week after so best guess is ready the second week of September.

The basket does not sit level. No we don't suck at building. The lean causes the basket to tip forward against the false wall and capture as much water as possible under the intake channel piece. With silicone on the bottom this was the best solution and we were pretty excited when it worked so well. Simple, but brilliant. You won't get that out of China.

im30lmr.jpg

im30lmr3.jpg

20140822_135744.jpg

Archived