Coral Vue Hydros

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

This guy lol. That Bounce looks amazing !!

Dude that's algae, better pop all those pimps.

Im really starting to love Favia's.

One of my favorites is the dragon soul. Legendary always seemed to have good favias, minus the very small frag.

Dude that's algae, better pop all those pimps.

One of my favorites is the dragon soul. Legendary always seemed to have good favias, minus the very small frag.

I almost got a frag for $10 yesterday,but I passed it up.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up some Rasta's and Fruit Loops again seeming my other frags melted after years of having them,a frag of Darth Mauls and a pretty cool green version of the God Father/Scarface Zoa's. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

And you didn't hit me up because why ?!?!?! 

16 hours ago, lilmatty5dimes said:

Dang man I just sold everything in the tank and had some sweet zoas. 

Ordered some Flucon yesterday,so it should be here next week and time to tackle this bs. Also thinking about cutting the false wall out of the tank and using use a AC50 and gain some room back. 

• Like 1

Thank ya sir. So far after 2 days of dosing Flucon everything still looks happy besides 1 acan frag so Im happy about that. 

Still debating if I want to keep this tank up and running and just add the rock work that I was going to use for the cube. I want to run the cube but space is a issue on the floor of the tank. I may add the rock and place everything and ser if I like it. 

• Like 1

So,does anything know if you can dose the pill directly to the tank instead of breaking them apart and dosing it into the tank ? @teenyreef do you know of it working any different if dose that way ? 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

So,does anything know if you can dose the pill directly to the tank instead of breaking them apart and dosing it into the tank ? @teenyreef do you know of it working any different if dose that way ? 

I just scooped out some tank water into a cup, cracked open the pills, and dumped them into the cup. Mixed it up and poured it back into the tank directly into the display area. I think the important thing is to make sure the medication is dissolved before it goes in the tank and that it gets mixed into the tank water so it's dispersed through the whole tank.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I just scooped out some tank water into a cup, cracked open the pills, and dumped them into the cup. Mixed it up and poured it back into the tank directly into the display area. I think the important thing is to make sure the medication is dissolved before it goes in the tank and that it gets mixed into the tank water so it's dispersed through the whole tank.

That's what I have been doing the past 3 days,just was wondering if dosing the pill say in the back chamber if it would disrupt anything. I will just keeping doing what I have been doing then. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

............well my tank got 2 doses lol. Thank god I didn't dose it yesterday lol. 

Lol, you should be fine. Doubling the dose should be no big deal and might even make the process go faster, who knows?

We shall see lol lets hope thats the case. I havent seen any progress,even though its only the 4th day only real difference I've seen is the water is 110% more clear lol. 

• Like 1

Really ?!?! That's crazy,thankfully I only have a few little spots of bubble algae and then Bryopsis,that's it. I had some GHA on a few frags when I first got them and within a few days it all died off like it was never there. 

I do have to say thought,after moving the rw4 from the left wall of the tank to the back wall smack in the middle,my Acan's are the fluffiest I have ever seen them and everyone is happy and tentacles out. I have to say,my Acan's are about 90% of the reason this tank is even still up and going lol. 

• Like 1

Definitely starting to finally see some progress on the Bryopsis starting to fade away and die off. I haven't done a water change in almost 2.5 weeks,so I may do a small one and do another dose because certain frags are starting to show signs of being VERY PISSED and unhealthy since about day 4 or 5 of using Fluco. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

After all this time I am finally starting to be victorious in this battle,and I couldn't be happier. I did get a frag of CAR's,My Clementines and a Zoa called Sour Apples from TSA which are pretty bad ass which kinda look like Vivid Rainbows but more speckles. I have been dosing the 4 colors from Red Sea the colors on my Acan's are so much more vivid and solid colors. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

After all this time I am finally starting to be victorious in this battle,and I couldn't be happier. I did get a frag of CAR's,My Clementines and a Zoa called Sour Apples from TSA which are pretty bad ass which kinda look like Vivid Rainbows but more speckles. I have been dosing the 4 colors from Red Sea the colors on my Acan's are so much more vivid and solid colors. 

That's fantastic news! I know that gha has been kicking your tail for a long time!

• Like 1

That's the thing though,I have never had any had any other algae besides Bryopsis. Although,some hair algae would come in on frags and would wither away within a few days. I got the Bryopsis from TSA  and LRO ( Top Shelf Aquatics / Living Reef Orlando ). Talking with one of the workers Austin last weekend and they have actually been battling it for some time in their system and have actually been dosing the Fluco for awhile now. Thankfully the horrid battle is almost over,I am certainly happy with the ongoing results and hoping that I will NEVER have to deal with this problem ever again. 

• Like 1

Hahah its okay. I did have something pop up that was weird,it was almost black (actually VERY dark brown) slimy and brittle algae that had popped up about 2 weeks ago,but once the tank had been thru almost 2 weeks of Fluco it disappeared. .

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

How is everyone doing up in here ?!

Tanks been put on the back burner for awhile,I had to quit my due to some family issues ( hence why I hate working for family ) but it was ultimately my choice. Thank goodness I know some high up people including my brother n law who works at a HUGE hvac company here in central florida and will start that job next week. 

All of that aside,the tank still does have a little bit of bryopsis hanging around but tomorrow Im going to do a gallon water change and suck all of that out. I will be posting some of my beloved Acan's to clear some space and thin the heard some. With all of that being said,does anyone know when a good time would be to resume skimming and running carbon again ? I'm starting to get some organic build up on the top of the water. 

• Like 1