Top Shelf Aquatics

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Thanks for that. I'm assuming this heatsink would be enough for either one of my pucks or 3 leds packed together ? Any input is appreciated

Nanofreak79

I just answered you in my thread on heatsink size, but mine is 3x3" as well. I'm only pushing 350ma through my driver, and I'm getting pretty much zero heat. Mine has no fins either. I think you could leave the sink as is and incorporate the notch into your mounting somehow. I'm using 4 LEDs.

I don't know what level your running your LEDs at, but I would get rid of the fan and the extra fins sticking up. JMO.

What are you using the heat sink for?

For a light over a .9 gallon. Leds with be either ran at 350ma ( moonlight driver ) or 700ma ( nano driver ). No more than 4 leds will be used.

I just answered you in my thread on heatsink size, but mine is 3x3" as well. I'm only pushing 350ma through my driver, and I'm getting pretty much zero heat. Mine has no fins either. I think you could leave the sink as is and incorporate the notch into your mounting somehow. I'm using 4 LEDs.

I don't know what level your running your LEDs at, but I would get rid of the fan and the extra fins sticking up. JMO.

Okay,thanks for bringing it here. Either 350 like you or possibly 700 on rapids nano driver so I can dim them. Haven't made up my mind yet. If I go 700 I'll leave the fan so hopefully the leds not heatsink get warm.

Okay,I'll just unscrew it and take it off. I'm trying to figure out how I'd mount this.. I have a jbj 70w mh fixture I may be able to figure out something.

I may pull the trigger and get the leds and driver tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Thanks man. Hopefully it won't be disappointing,both for myself and you guys. For anyone who is wondering here's what I have so far:

The tank ( still need to cut out the bottom )

AC50 with AC20 impeller

SeaChem Matrix Carbon

SeaChem Matrix

Rock

10 gallon box of Reef Crystals

And tomorrow when I get home I'm going to start designing a custom media rack for the aC50 and my 7 gallon tank with leftover acrylic. And probably order the stuff for the light.

• Like 1

Oh wait,did you think I was talking about the gallon tank ? I was referring to my 7 gallon. Which would still be overkill but it's suck a awesome light and I could set one up for under $250 which isn't bad !!

The Typhon has separate 0-5v outputs and 0-10v outputs, look at the PCB and it will tell you which is which.

Okay,I take it that probably take me taking the display off the board or is it in plain sight,I don't have the controller In front of me at the moment.

It's right on the PCB next to the output pins, can't miss it.

Thanks a bunch dude. I'm super incompetent when it comes to this lol... Meh,I ask more questions than my 3 yr old nephew.

• Like 1

Well,seeming I've had the last 2 days off work I'm going to spend today making my media rack for my tank,and a acrylic splash gaurd for the heatsink thats going over my girls tank. Rapid claimed their solderless leds are 33mm ( around 1.2 " from connector to connector )so,thats a smidge over and inch and I could have enough room to fit 3 leds on there. Im thinking of going with 2 royal blue's and a neutral white. I'm thinking about when I place my order with rapid to get 80* optics to see how they do and add a little more umph and par to the tank.