Top Shelf Aquatics

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Dude, just give up on lighting that thing :) just kidding that sucks, so close yet so far away.

hahahah I know man... It's been nothing but hell for me from the start. It's really making me just watch to ditch my build or go a different route,but I'm going to.

• Like 1

My order came in from rapid today,and well as I just learned... NEVER look at the leds while you test them lol but on another note I used the tester provided by rapid and tested the leds on my fixture all of them lit up ( at least the ones I could figure out how to light ) so my theory of the power supply being shot is looking more likely the culprit.

Did the dude get back to you? I mean basically you got a broken light right?

He did. He said he would refund me my money,and if I could get the light to work,I could pay him. I suggested he refund me enough money to get a power supply. But if he chooses to refund me all my money,it's going towards a power supply,a coralux 4up board and 4 700ma drivers.

what driver(s) is being used on these leds?

also, maybe post up some pics of the wiring. perhaps we can help out.

They are 3 Steve's LED's single digital drivers and 1 dual digital driver connected to a 200w power supply. I can do that,give me a few minutes.

Leds:

http://s959.photobucket.com/user/Reekid88/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps4bdeb383.jpg.html'>image_zps4bdeb383.jpg

This birdsnest of wires makes it kind of hard to see all the connections and how they are:

http://s959.photobucket.com/user/Reekid88/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsc93b5324.jpg.html'>image_zpsc93b5324.jpg

Power Supply:

http://s959.photobucket.com/user/Reekid88/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps26260054.jpg.html'>image_zps26260054.jpg

I haven't received anything yet,I'm still waiting on his response to what I said. His response time is SUPER late lol

i wouldn't say that would burn out everything.. just that single driver, depending on how long it was ran that way. Hard to tell with the rest indeed.. Did you stick that multimeter in the power supply btw? Easiest way to tell if its working.

i wouldn't say that would burn out everything.. just that single driver, depending on how long it was ran that way. Hard to tell with the rest indeed.. Did you stick that multimeter in the power supply btw? Easiest way to tell if its working.

Idk,when I opened the project box containing the drivers,that's how it was. I don't know if it popped loose during shipping or it was like that while he was using it.

I did,I tested every terminal on the power supply,I got suppppppper low readings.

oh, then you are right. I would say new power supply. The wiring looks good on all the drivers, according to http://www.stevesleds.com/Downloads.html. I've been using the same power supply for the past couple months. So far, so good for me.

Idk,when I opened the project box containing the drivers,that's how it was. I don't know if it popped loose during shipping or it was like that while he was using it.

I did,I tested every terminal on the power supply,I got suppppppper low readings.

btw the terminals you want are labeled +V and COM (that is the neg)

So I woke up this morning with a message from Jarob telling me he refunded me $100 for my troubles and expressing his sympathy for the troubles with the light which was way beyond what I was expecting. So I'm about to roll out of bed and order a new power supply,coralux 4up and some drivers :D

• Like 1

I too am having issues with 48v power supplies. Brand new one from amazon was doa. :(.. The light I bought from you is still kicking after some rewriting though! If you need any help with ur lights let me know. I've built quite a few.

I too am having issues with 48v power supplies. Brand new one from amazon was doa. :(.. The light I bought from you is still kicking after some rewriting though! If you need any help with ur lights let me know. I've built quite a few.

I sent ya a pm tom !!! That's super unfortunate about the power supply. Are they replacing it for you ?

LOL! This morning at 4AM. I am also partially responsible for the 3 heat sinks he sold (convinced my buddy to buy it) If i recall correctly, you also wanted one.

jedimasterben

Holy SHYT !!! 11 week wait ?! That's ridiculous.

I don't remember seeing any of the HLG-XXXH-48A models with any wait time. Maybe some of the -48AB models (can't exclude from the search, but the AB aren't useful for us, only the 48 and 48A).

And 11 weeks isn't that bad in the electronics industry. :)

I don't remember seeing any of the HLG-XXXH-48A models with any wait time. Maybe some of the -48AB models (can't exclude from the search, but the AB aren't useful for us, only the 48 and 48A).

And 11 weeks isn't that bad in the electronics industry. :)

Honestly,I clicked on the first one and saw 11 lead time and came back to NR lol. Plus,aren't the HLG's not compatible with the typhon ?

Okay.. Then what're my choices for driving 4 700h/hw drivers ? Knowing exactly what'll be ample will help me narrow down my decision on which supply will help me to get this mofo to work...

And once I figure out which one I'm going to use,I'm going to part with my Steve's LEDs digital drivers,and possibly get different leds ( most likely solderless ones from Rapid ).