Pod Your Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Well,my light is supposedly ship from what Jarob says. Hopefully it'll be here this week. I still need to send my test kit back and get the one I need,I'll probably ship that one out this week and this weekend on going to get 10 gallons of distilled water,and get this thing wet.

• Like 1
Nanofreak79
Did anyone else see the prank BRS pulled ? I about died lol.

I was all like sweet a bunch of silicone and people with busted azz tanks. Good laugh, honestly some people were probably gonna be all over that.

I was all like sweet a bunch of silicone and people with busted azz tanks. Good laugh, honestly some people were probably gonna be all over that.

Honestly,I was like WHAT !!! Went to read more and instantly closed out of the tab.

On another note,I need to see if one of the LFS's around here can get trimma gobies or anything similar. I'd like to get 2-4. I love those small little fellers !!

So,I think I may use this tank for my girlfriends build.. Except maybe on thing holding me back,there is a rust stain on the bottom of the tank. I have used vinegar,alcohol,hot water everything I could think of and got majoirty of it off,but whats left on the bottom is either just a stain or idk. I may just scrap it unless anyone thinks it wont pose a problem..

On another note thought,my old AC20 has nice flow around the tank on low and high settings.

http://s959.photobucket.com/user/Reekid88/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsf98c5547.jpg.html'>image_zpsf98c5547.jpg

Nanofreak79
So,I think I may use this tank for my girlfriends build.. Except maybe on thing holding me back,there is a rust stain on the bottom of the tank. I have used vinegar,alcohol,hot water everything I could think of and got majoirty of it off,but whats left on the bottom is either just a stain or idk. I may just scrap it unless anyone thinks it wont pose a problem..

On another note thought,my old AC20 has nice flow around the tank on low and high settings.

image_zpsf98c5547.jpg

I have the InTank media basket for a 20. It's a good investment IMO. Deffinetly shows the small size of the tank!

I have the InTank media basket for a 20. It's a good investment IMO. Deffinetly shows the small size of the tank!

I measured the tank,and its 4.5" all the way around. so its not even half a gallon :happydance:

Do you think the rust stain will pose a problem ? I soaked the tank in water for about 30 minutes,then let vinegar about 1/4'' sit on the bottom of the tank for almost an hour then scrubbed as hard as I could and what was left you can see in the picture.

I was thinking about it,but I was really trying to keep the price list for this tank under $80 or so. So far I'm in around $48 when I order the stuff for the lights. I can make a media rack out of the acrylic I have,so that's a plus. Unless you aren't using your's and are willing to let it go ;)

Nanofreak79

I wouldn't worry about the stains. I'm using mine on my kids glow fish tank, which I hate. They don't care about them, feed them etc. thinking about taking it down. There in my jbj picotope.

Oh wow,poor fish. Well,at least you know how they treat them lol. If you ever want to get rid of it,hollaaaaa !!! I really wish I could find some Weld On 16,but I cannot find it locally... Wal-Mart,Home Depot,Lowes no where has it. The only place I havent tried is Ace. I was really wanting to use the tank I put together :furious:

Little update,I ordered some weld on 16,my light will be here tomorrow or Tuesday and I just put in a order to RapidLED for my girlfriends light I just need to order to LGB for a power supply and 4 LDD drivers.

image_zps6b3b75c8.jpg

• Like 1

Waiting..................:)

Me too man,me too...

I'm actually waiting for a member to get back to me about his 15 Zen tank he wasn't going to be using,but I haven't heard back from him yet.

That be cool, very cool.

I thought so,and a lot more room. I was planning on ordering a piece of black acrylic and make a corner false wall if I had heard from him and got the tank,but I haven't so oh well lol.

Well,just tracked my light and well... It's delivered but my ass is at work :(

I'll post some pictures tonight,I may stop and get some water tonight and go ahead and get 'er wet

Got the light when I got home,plugged everything in,now I'm trying to tweak the setting so I can get the same thing to turn on !!!! ( any help is appreciated lol )

Also Jarob throw in a bar of Reef Suds soap and a free T-Shirt free of charge which was AWESOME !!!

• Like 2

Okay,so the lights not turning on.. I've checked all the connections and all the solder points,everything's connected. I've reconnected all the clip connectors,messed with the controller and the pots and nothing.... I'm stumped...

Grabbed the multimeter from work today,tested all the connections on the power supply,solder points ect and nothing. I got higher reading holding the pens in my hands than I did when I touched the pins to the power supply,so I'm guessing it's bad...

I've messaged Jarob in regards to the problems with the light with no response even though he's read the messages !!!!

Nanofreak79
Grabbed the multimeter from work today,tested all the connections on the power supply,solder points ect and nothing. I got higher reading holding the pens in my hands than I did when I touched the pins to the power supply,so I'm guessing it's bad...

I've messaged Jarob in regards to the problems with the light with no response even though he's read the messages !!!!

Dude, just give up on lighting that thing :) just kidding that sucks, so close yet so far away.

• Like 1