Pod Your Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

36 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Happy new year! Is the tank getting wet soon? 

Thanks bud. Hopefully,I still have some stuff I need to get before that. I'm hoping within a month or 2 🤞

23 minutes ago, skyscraper2290 said:

Do you plan on starting with zoas primarily when you have the tank cycled? 

Eh,anything is possible. I may,or try and hold out as long as I can and start with Monti's. 

• Like 1

Looks like its a slim possiblity all my Stax rock will be here today. It says Monday,but its already out for delivery so we shall see. 

• Like 2

Its time to scape !!!! This first pic was just 3 rocks I broke into all of this !!! All in all these was a good amount of rock and about 70% happy with the Stax. 

20190105_165159.jpg

• Like 2

Fitting are supposed to be here Monday,then i will need salt and water. I will say,I do have enough left

over I could start a pico later on 😉

A:

20190105_195006.jpg

20190105_195012.jpg

B:

20190105_230440.jpg

20190105_231330.jpg

• Like 4

B it is !!! 

So far after recieving the Stax,I was like okay this is nice I can work with this,then after finding out it breaks easily and breaks cleanly and into nice pieces,I was even happier with it. 10lbs ended up being a good amount of rock. All in all it could probably make a scape big enough for a IM20 or a tank around the same size. 

Seeming that all the surfaces are flat it makes it incredibly easy to adhere to other rocks and make a super stable scape. 

I think it would be really cool if they would make a nano/pico box with smaller pieces just to draw in the pico people like myself. This is not a complaint about the pico just a suggestion that would be pretty awesome. 

• Like 1

I agree, that would be awesome and save a lot of trouble breaking them up.

The only thing I don't like about it is how it's completely flat on top, which makes it look artificial. But I guess if you glue on a few pieces of rubble that would take care of it.

6 minutes ago, YHSublime said:

Team B

She is glued down and ready to go !!! A little different before I unstacked it all and glued it down,but I think it looks better. 

20190106_192732.jpg

Plumbing parts will be here today. When I get home I will put the new stuff in,fill it and see what happens. If I still have the same problem idk what I'll do. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I like it!

Thank you sir. 

5 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Looks good. What did you glue it together with? 

Just aquarium silicone,but lots of it lol. Seeming everything is flat,its a good sturdy structure even before being glued down. 

I' happy to say,the 3/4" fittings definitely helped,thank goodness. The only thing I gathered now,is I don't think the DC650 will cut it. 

I really don't want to have to run a prop pump,but I may just get a SW2 since they are smaller than the 4's.  

• Like 2

Ordered a VioSys 430nm to replace the mint on the blue channel. The specs on this new 430 from Steves is crazy. 1404mw at 700mah,talk about bright lol. 

Now its time to pick a salt 🤔