Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

HookedOnAquariums
12 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

So I did a thing lol. I have a gut feeling that I will get a response about the filtration area's being too small as well as the display being too small I just went ahead and got a 5g. I still have to look thru all my totes ans see IF I still have the sheet of black acrylic. 

20181028_195144.jpg

are you going to put the filtration in peninsula style?

Edit: Now that you have the tank you can finally make a tank thread too.

Edited by HookedOnAquariums
12 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

So I did a thing lol. I have a gut feeling that I will get a response about the filtration area's being too small as well as the display being too small I just went ahead and got a 5g. I still have to look thru all my totes ans see IF I still have the sheet of black acrylic. 

20181028_195144.jpg

5.5 is one of my favorite sizes. 

2 hours ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

are you going to put the filtration in peninsula style?

That I am. I will make the filtration area about 5" wide so I can fit a huge spectrum of things back there. Most DC pumps are fairly large so that will work out nicely. 

As for filtration,I'm still trying to figure out if I want to bother running a scrubber or just go with a Mini X media reactor from Fish-Street like I normally wanted to run. 

48 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

5.5 is one of my favorite sizes. 

I love them too,I was looking at the 10g but I want to keep wc's small and quick. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

That I am. I will make the filtration area about 5" wide so I can fit a huge spectrum of things back there. Most DC pumps are fairly large so that will work out nicely. 

As for filtration,I'm still trying to figure out if I want to bother running a scrubber or just go with a Mini X media reactor from Fish-Street like I normally wanted to run. 

I love them too,I was looking at the 10g but I want to keep wc's small and quick. 

Yeah, ever since I upgraded to the 15L/IM14 I avoid doing water changes.  Doing picos my entire reefing life did not prepare me for larger volume water changes and even though the IM14 is a very pretty tank, I hate doing the water changes so I put it off for ever lol.  Much easier to do a gallon or two on a pico.

I completely agree with you. That's why I have always been sucked into the pico world,keeping up with everything is a lot easier I feel like but thats also all I know. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I completely agree with you. That's why I have always been sucked into the pico world,keeping up with everything is a lot easier I feel like but thats also all I know. 

I've been researching on and off for months how small I can go and still have room for my wonderful pink streaked wrasse haha.  Love him to pieces!

8 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I would probably say like 10 gallons. Don't they stay pretty small ? I'm highly considering a pair of sharknose gobies. I love those things. 

Yeah he's pretty small. I've seen them in as small as 5 gallons but think maybe a bit larger is ideal. Sharknose gobies are super cute! A pair is totally doable in 5 gallons. 

skyscraper2290

Looks like you are coming along nicely! That light looks great! Looking forward to seeing the final product, it makes me want to set up the 5G I have laying around

55 minutes ago, skyscraper2290 said:

Looks like you are coming along nicely! That light looks great! Looking forward to seeing the final product, it makes me want to set up the 5G I have laying around

Thanks buddy. Its going to be a slow start to finish project but it will happen over time. I still need a lot. You may as well just go ahead and do it lol !!! 

5 hours ago, skyscraper2290 said:

5 gallon tanks are awesome.  I agree, you should just do it. :wink:

skyscraper2290
4 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Thanks buddy. Its going to be a slow start to finish project but it will happen over time. I still need a lot. You may as well just go ahead and do it lol !!! 

9 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

5 gallon tanks are awesome.  I agree, you should just do it. :wink:

Haha the temptation is strong, I don’t know how my girlfriend would feel if she came home to a second tank set up but I have a feeling she wouldn’t be stoked 😂 

Hahaha tell her its for her,and she can only pick sps out lol. Thankfully when I told my gf she can only pick out sps,she picked out some super nice ones 😄 

Man,it is insanely hard to find a decent used DC pump... if I can't get one of the Sicce pumps for sale here for cheap then I may just order a DC pump from Fish-Street  -___- .... 

Visited a few local stores just to see what they had,and one of the stoes had some nice base rock although I wanted to use Stax rock which I still may but who knows. Messing around with the scape I came up with this:

20181104_160207.jpg

20181104_160943.jpg

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Visited a few local stores just to see what they had,and one of the stoes had some nice base rock although I wanted to use Stax rock which I still may but who knows. Messing around with the scape I came up with this:

20181104_160207.jpg

20181104_160943.jpg

Looks good. Will the open space on the left be completely taken up by the filtration? 

I’ve wanted to try that Stax rock myself. 

Yeah,I think I'm going to make the filtration side abiut 3.5" or so to have ample room. I want to try some,from the scapes I've it looked awesome. 

I would love to get a smaller flatter piece to "bridge" the 2 rocks together. But I only stopped at 2 stores and only 1 had bade rock. I could also get 1 more piece and and use the band-saw at work to cut slivers like stax. 

1 hour ago, YHSublime said:

Going bare bottom?

Absolutely. I'm not a huge fan of sand. The tank will be pumping a lot of flow,so and is a no go. I feel like in nano tanks sand is a pain but thats just me.