inTank Media Baskets

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Measured everything out for the media rack.. The acrylic isn't long enough.. Just my luck... So I might end up ordering one from either Mike or A Innovative Marine one from Marine Depot... Whichever one is cheaper I guess.

• Like 2
Nanofreak79
hence the "around" part lol I guess technically it'd be 1.29. But who is really counting ?
Zing!

Well,seeming I've had the last 2 days off work I'm going to spend today making my media rack for my tank,and a acrylic splash gaurd for the heatsink thats going over my girls tank. Rapid claimed their solderless leds are 33mm ( around 1.2 " from connector to connector )so,thats a smidge over and inch and I could have enough room to fit 3 leds on there. Im thinking of going with 2 royal blue's and a neutral white. I'm thinking about when I place my order with rapid to get 80* optics to see how they do and add a little more umph and par to the tank.
I'm not using optics....glad I didn't.

Your tank is indeed very similar to what i plan to do with mine. I actually just got the black acrylic for the overflow and plan to cut it up just like yours. Lights look sweet btw.

Your tank is indeed very similar to what i plan to do with mine. I actually just got the black acrylic for the overflow and plan to cut it up just like yours. Lights look sweet btw.

Yeah,thanks man. I appreciate it. Are you going to be getting a CadLights as well ? I just checked out your thread for your Fluval,I dig it. That light is rad you've got over it !!!

I'm probably going to be getting a new light here soon. The lack of control on this fixture is killing me.. :closedeyes:

Yeah,thanks man. I appreciate it. Are you going to be getting a CadLights as well ? I just checked out your thread for your Fluval,I dig it. That light is rad you've got over it !!!

I'm probably going to be getting a new light here soon. The lack of control on this fixture is killing me.. :closedeyes:

Yeah i feel you on the lack of control, that's why i decided to make my own lights with the storm controller on my 12g. With the 4g though, i plan on going pretty ghetto. Probably no dimming, not too much light, no skimmer.

btw reefkid,

did you already buy the skimmer you mentioned in your first post? I had one in my 12g and would not recommend it. It makes micro bubbles like crazy and is difficult to maintain after a few months, but the worst thing is that it kept on spitting all over my sump area.. causing some wood to rot. I replaced it with a Hydor nano slim skimmer. Big improvement imo

I have a bag of optics. Do you want some? I have about 80 of the lol. I think they are 60*.

Let me know I can mail some to you

Well,seeming I've had the last 2 days off work I'm going to spend today making my media rack for my tank,and a acrylic splash gaurd for the heatsink thats going over my girls tank. Rapid claimed their solderless leds are 33mm ( around 1.2 " from connector to connector )so,thats a smidge over and inch and I could have enough room to fit 3 leds on there. Im thinking of going with 2 royal blue's and a neutral white. I'm thinking about when I place my order with rapid to get 80* optics to see how they do and add a little more umph and par to the tank.

I did,I've had that thing for awhile (2.5 years. I actually did the airline mod,and stuck a small piece of foam in the "bubble trap" on the inside and didn't have a problem with any micro bubbles after that.

I had it in my brother n laws 15 with a cuc and 3 fish and it was pulling some nice dark and thick skin out. I had to empty the cup every week or so.

I might actually make a small skimmer with 2 airstones,and some acrylic tubing I have from a gravel vac and a nice size air pump. I'm having a hard time getting my skimmer,ATO sensor,return pump to fit behind the false wall. And I haven't even ordered a media rack yet....

I have a bag of optics. Do you want some? I have about 80 of the lol. I think they are 60*.

Let me know I can mail some to you

Possibly if I use optics.. Idk yet. Which leds are they for ?

No I only bought what I needed. Sorry

Also if anyone that is following here wants some optics just PM me your address and how many you want and I will mail them to you for free. I think they are 60* does anyone know how to check?

I've been sitting here looking at my tank for the past 2 hours and I REALLY need a light.. I want to get this thing running,it's killing me..

You and me both man.

Finally sold my light,I'm $100 short for a nanobox,which I'm kinda pissed about. I still need to send back the test kit I got from F&S,Steve'sLEDS finally emailed me back about my controller,they want me to send that in and see if it's fault,and I'm waiting to see if ReefSuds will take what I'm offering for his light...NO.PATIENTS.LEFT :(

Alright,so I finally heard back from Jarob ( Reef Suds ) on the light he was selling. Couldn't beat the price honestly,and it comes with a Typhon controller :) so I'll be able to send mine off,get it looked at and use it for my girls build. Super stoked !!

Nanofreak79
Alright,so I finally heard back from Jarob ( Reef Suds ) on the light he was selling. Couldn't beat the price honestly,and it comes with a Typhon controller :) so I'll be able to send mine off,get it looked at and use it for my girls build. Super stoked !!

What light?