Cultivated Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

On 3/21/2018 at 9:22 PM, lilmatty5dimes said:

Oh damn don't say it ain't so. 

On 3/21/2018 at 9:51 PM, SeaFurn said:

You gotta new tank???

Oh no,life is too busy at the moment. Maybe in a few years though. I definitely miss it all. 

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

ayeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yooooooooooooooo reefers,how is y'all doing ? 

Yo! Doing well! Got a bunch of awesome new nems from @Got Corals today! 

You crack me up tho! You need a tank. You know you do! 

22 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

Yo! Doing well! Got a bunch of awesome new nems from @Got Corals today! 

You crack me up tho! You need a tank. You know you do! 

Yeah ?!?!? You can't go wrong there. I will swing by the thread and check them out. 

Hah,I know. I'm dying .I have absolutely no hobbies at the moment besides working. No tanks,no more vaping,no fishing in the past 2 months,no nothing. I'm slowly dying inside.. 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Yeah ?!?!? You can't go wrong there. I will swing by the thread and check them out. 

Hah,I know. I'm dying .I have absolutely no hobbies at the moment besides working. No tanks,no more vaping,no fishing in the past 2 months,no nothing. I'm slowly dying inside.. 

Damn 😞

21 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Dude. That’s rough.

You ever watch any of those fishing videos on YouTube? 

I got sucked in the other night and 2 hours later I’m like - I wanna go fishing!! 

I know all the action is rolled up in a short time frame on those but I was hooked! 

Hooked. Hahaha! 

1 minute ago, SeaFurn said:

Dude. That’s rough.

You ever watch any of those fishing videos on YouTube? 

I got sucked in the other night and 2 hours later I’m like - I wanna go fishing!! 

I know all the action is rolled up in a short time frame on those but I was hooked! 

Hooked. Hahaha! 

It's definitely been a tough time. But what can you do. 

I watch a bunch,mainly people from Florida like BlackTipH,Lawson Lindsey,Addictive Fishing,Landshark Fishing. Morning Tide Fishing is AMAZING makes me wanna take off to another country and fish for massive GT's. 

• 4 months later...

Man,the struggle has been so real and the bug is creeping up on me so hardcore !!!! I have been trying to come up with a build that will be super cheap and still be enjoyable. So far what I have came up with would be:

UNS 12"x7.5"x7.5"- $60

AC20-$30

TLF Stax Rocks-$25 ($115ish)

LED Build-

-Steve's LRS-75-24v PSU-$19

-2x 5k Pot's -$2

-8x SemiLed Royal's- $8

-4x SemiLed Hyper Violets-$16

-2x Rebel ES True Blue's-$5.00

-2x SemiLed Neutral White's-$2.00

-2x Steve's Digital Driver's-$24

-Makers 12" & Hanging Kit-$56 ($140 total give or take a few bucks)

OR 

NBR On/Off Fixture for $125 and adding a Makers 2-channel dimmers for $20. 

• Like 4

When the time comes @Christopher Marks I will definitely document everything. It won't be my first DIY light,and it won't be my last I'm sure. The only problem is making a light I won't mess with constantly and getting Dave to work with me on exactly what I want. I always build my lights overkill in case of future upgrades. So I may also get with him and see if he has any older arrays and work with those. 

The build is still a long ways out. So now its in the planning stage,I may way until we leave our apartment and get a house. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought the NanoCustoms light that was for sale,gonna rip the leds out and replace the board that is already in there. 

Thinking of:

6x Luxeon RB's or SemiLed's CH2

2x Luxeon C Mint CH2

2X SemiLed 420-430nm Hyper's CH2

2x Luxeon True Blue CH1

2x Luxeon Neutral White CH1

2X SemiLed 400-410 Violets CH1

1x Luxeon Lime (maybe) CH1

Now now,its gonnna be a slowwwww build. Gonna take my time and slowly build up everything over time until I get everything. 

• Like 1
HookedOnAquariums
1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

Bought the NanoCustoms light that was for sale,gonna rip the leds out and replace the board that is already in there. 

Thinking of:

6x Luxeon RB's or SemiLed's CH2

2x Luxeon C Mint CH2

2X SemiLed 420-430nm Hyper's CH2

2x Luxeon True Blue CH1

2x Luxeon Neutral White CH1

2X SemiLed 400-410 Violets CH1

1x Luxeon Lime (maybe) CH1

Now now,its gonnna be a slowwwww build. Gonna take my time and slowly build up everything over time until I get everything. 

Hey slow builds always turn out the best.

32 minutes ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

Hey slow builds always turn out the best.

Absolutely. Also me and my gf just having a baby 2 months ago is wjat is going to make it a slow build. But I'm not mad at it,I need to figure out the tank,if I'm gonna run a hang on back filter or a all in one tank ect ect. Once I choose a tank I'll make a thread,until then all the bs can be talked here. 

• Like 1

Thank you !!!! More than likely a pico. Probably all sps or all zoa's one of the two. 

EDIT: Just got a email from @Marine Depot and the 2g Aquamaxx won't be in stock or anything until Winter or maybee not at all so I have to find another tank. I my go cube or a longer tank and have a AIO tank. 

54 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Thank you !!!! More than likely a pico. Probably all sps or all zoa's one of the two. 

EDIT: Just got a email from @Marine Depot and the 2g Aquamaxx won't be in stock or anything until Winter or maybee not at all so I have to find another tank. I my go cube or a longer tank and have a AIO tank. 

😭 Sorry!

HookedOnAquariums
On 10/10/2018 at 2:00 PM, Reefkid88 said:

You could always build your own tank. You could tailor it to fit on a bookshelf and such

Hell to the naw,I wouldn't trust myself. I will get a tank from another website that has some good tank prices. Its just figuring out what I want to do with the tank first. 

I'm going to build my light then figure the tank out. Light will be here tomorrow,and I'm talking with Dave about arrays as we speak. 

• Like 1
HookedOnAquariums
32 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Hell to the naw,I wouldn't trust myself. I will get a tank from another website that has some good tank prices. Its just figuring out what I want to do with the tank first. 

I'm going to build my light then figure the tank out. Light will be here tomorrow,and I'm talking with Dave about arrays as we speak. 

From what I’ve heard making em is pretty easy (and would probably be better than the aqueon tanks) and from my experience resiliconint it is.

Good luck with the light, 

https://aqualabaquaria.com/collections/pico-rimless-aquariums/products/uns-3n-ultra-clear-rimless-aquarium-3-gal-ultum-nature-systems : I may get this tank. 

If Dave has the arrays I think he has (I'm still waiting a text from him) I will use 2 of those and 1 mint & 6 violets from 400-430nm. Whole array will have 8 royals,2 true blues,4 whites,2 cyan,1 mint and 6 uv. 

• Like 2