Pod Your Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

5 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

So even after a hour,there is not a single drop under the tank,maybe I was just freaking out and I did overflow the tank a little and just never caught it last night ?! 

That's good news. Hope it's still dry. 

I saw you sold all your high end zoas. I'm curious as to what's your latest plan for this tank is. 

30 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

That's good news. Hope it's still dry. 

I saw you sold all your high end zoas. I'm curious as to what's your latest plan for this tank is. 

As of right now,its still dry. So that is definitely a good sign. Unfortunately life threw some curve balls at me and I had to make some money which I absolutely hated to do. 

Plan still remains the same,95% all Zoa's lol . Believe me when extra money starts making itself available,I will stock back up. For now,things will have to remain the same and just grow out. 

Since the 7g,I have this lovely film that won't leave the surface of the water,threw the skimmer on the tank and I will give it a few days. Already going crazy after a few hours:

20171130_171942.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Whew, I'm glad there was no leak!

Man you and me both,if that was the case,everything would habe been sold and I was gonna take a break for awhile lol that was the plan. 

• Like 1

So I've got the lovely surface film going on in my tank,tried little larger wc's each week and all the normal routine things to get it to go away,and can't. Even tried a skimmer and nothing. 

So my question is,I run a AC50 on my tank,could I drill a small hole on the intake tube at the waterline to possible pull that crap in and help go away ? 

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

So I've got the lovely surface film going on in my tank,tried little larger wc's each week and all the normal routine things to get it to go away,and can't. Even tried a skimmer and nothing. 

So my question is,I run a AC50 on my tank,could I drill a small hole on the intake tube at the waterline to possible pull that crap in and help go away ? 

I bet you just need a little surface agitation. Try running the AC50 without drilling the hole and see if that clears it up. Or just put a powerhead towards the surface if you can. 

I agree, it doesn't take much, just a little water flow that breaks the surface. In my AIO tanks, I angle the return nozzle so that a tiny bit of it is sticking out of the water. Not enough to splash or even make waves, but that's all it takes to break the surface tension.

18 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I agree, it doesn't take much, just a little water flow that breaks the surface. In my AIO tanks, I angle the return nozzle so that a tiny bit of it is sticking out of the water. Not enough to splash or even make waves, but that's all it takes to break the surface tension.

Thats the thing though,my AC50 moves 90% the water on the surface. I did a 70% water change today and I just got home and the lights are already off so I will check in the am to see if it helped. 

30 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Thats the thing though,my AC50 moves 90% the water on the surface. I did a 70% water change today and I just got home and the lights are already off so I will check in the am to see if it helped. 

I had a similar problem way back when I had an AC70 on my pico. Because it sucked the water up from below the surface instead of an overflow, and because the water was returned over such a wide area, it never broke the surface tension enough. The problem eventually went away when the water quality improved.

I've seen DIY overflow boxes that sit in the tank and surround the siphon, but they're kind of ugly and inconvenient. I wonder if you could somehow block some of the return flow lip so that the water is flowing through a narrower lip? That would increase the speed and pressure of the water returning and help break the surface of the water better.

Or, hopefully, the 70% water change did the trick.

Thats so weird. This is the first time its actually stayed like this for this long.  

This morning its not as bad,but still there. About half my zoa's havent ipened in about 2-3 days too. So something is going on. 

I may need to maybe change my carbon even though I did a change on it when I did my wc last weekend. 

I cant believe I have managed yo keep shrooms alive. These 2 and the Acan are the only thing happy lol. 50% of the Zoa's are happy 50% are closed or melting,yayyyyyyy !!!! 

The shroom on the right gets a nice yellowish gold and the spots look black,its pretty cool. 

20171211_145045.jpg

20171211_145550.jpg

I honestly haven't done it yet. New schedule has me working until 1 am,I may change the carbon and do a small water change sometime this week if I manage to wake up early enough before work. 

On another note,has anyone the Rhodactis mushies that PEA has right now ?!?!?! WOW :wub::o:rant:

This one is the sexiest I think:

https://www.pacificeastaquaculture.com/Over-the-Rainbow-Rhodactis-WYSIWYG-CM-N112615-Prodview.html

• 2 weeks later...

I officially hate paypal... some asshat who bought one of my NBR diy lights,buys it for absolutely nothing,waits a month to say anything,lies to paypal and now I have refund this wack job... I swear,sometimes I just want to punch people in the face piece... 

I also feel like I'm done with the hobby for awhile. I'm going back to my old job within a few weeks,I have no urge to mess with the tank and i have a baby on the way which will be here mid July. 

So if anyone locally (Central Florida) wants the coral,or EVERYTHING,let me know. I will give you a good deal on everything. 

• Sad 2

Seriously,if anyone wants the whole set up locally,tank,filter,light,ato,rock,coral,skimmer,bunch of supplements,brand new bucket of RS Blue Bucket salt,carbon,extra leds,extra ldd driver,biocube skimmer,rw4 for $300. 

• 3 weeks later...

She is officially shut down for good. It's been a fun 8 or 9 years or however long I have been on NR !!!! Big thanks to everyone who has followed the journey,I appreciate all the follows,help,tips,ideas everyone has given me over the years. 

I'll be back,eventually. Could be years but who knows. But when I do,I'm definitely going bigger. I'll still cruise the forum,just without a tank 

20180118_210531.jpg

• Sad 2
37 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Wow the end of an era! Congratulations on Reefkid Jr, you'll have your hands full soon no doubt.

Don't be a stranger @Reefkid88, I hear kids love aquariums :happy: 

You don't lie,I appreciate it. 

I'm definitely going to stick around. I am gonna come back around with a build,could be a few years from now but we will see.  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...