Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Testes the tank today,and I am highly surprised about the results,everything is perfect on the main 4 lol. Now as for calc,alk,mag and po4 god only knows lol. 

• Haha 1

Anyone know the key to keeping mushrooms ? I kinda wanna try some,but in my last few attempts of trying them they just curled up and rotted away after a few months. 

I managed to get the new rock into the tank,glued some of my Zoa's down before hand. Still have a few more to glue down,once the sps tank is good,the other bulky frag rack will come out and the one on the bottom of the tank will come out too. 

20171113_201713.jpg

20171113_201728.jpg

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Doooooooo itttttttttt! That's a nice looking tank ;)

I think I'm going too,I even said that when I first got the tank,how much more I like it then my cube. Only thing is,one of the corners chipped during emptying it.. Kinda scared now. Even though its not near the silicone. 

1511199247709814482311.jpg

I did trim the Biocube skimmer down almost a inch and the fitmet is SO MUCH better. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

If you don't think it's gonna impact the integrity of the tank I'd swtich! That's an awesome looking tank.

I really don't think so,its on the most outside part of the glass,on the corner. 

I did manage to get some Zoa's glued to a piece od rock out of the tank I just tore down to free up the ugly frag rack I had on the bottom of the tank:

15112018937101378603446.jpg

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

That's a great tank to swap over to, room to stretch out! Looks sharp with the light hanging too.

Thank you a ton,and for stopping by. I can honestly say,I am happy with the switch. I think I'm actually happy with how everything is now,for once. 

• Like 2

Soooo,I think the tank may or may not have a slow leak. There is water under the tank,and on the back side (outside) of the tank between the back glass and the cut out I have for the back of the tank. I'm gonna wipe everything down when I get back home abd see what is going on. 

If the tank for sure has a leak,hopefully @Marine Depotcan do something about it. 

2 hours ago, debbeach13 said:

Is it leaking were the chipped corner is? Did you put any silicone on it? 

No idea,there is water between the black background and th3 back glass,so it could be the filter. But there is water under the tank as well. No I did not out any silicone. I thought I had some but I don't. 

21 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

Don't forget after wiping it down, to place the tank on some cardboard to help identify exactly where the leak is coming from easier. 

I will definitely put something under it. I really hope its not leaking. I dont want to switch tanks again.. 

I'm about to be home soon,so I'm going to check everything,maybe drain the tank and wipe under it,and all that fill the tabk back up and go from there. I MAY have overflowed the tank,when I was moving some stuff around last night but don't recall any water going anywhere. 

Come to think of it,that may have been what it was. But I will take precautions just in case. 

So it begins !!! I'm also gonna change the filter,the ac20 media area is so small,and thats where I house my heater and media bag,along with some frag plugs that have been used sinced my 7g that have some nice bacteria and algae growing on them. But I'm gonna swap the AC20 impeller into the AC50 to bog the flow down but gain media room. 

20171129_161655.jpg

So even after a hour,there is not a single drop under the tank,maybe I was just freaking out and I did overflow the tank a little and just never caught it last night ?! 

• Like 1