Innovative Marine Aquariums

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

4 minutes ago, TatorTaco said:

I won't lie...I didn't read the whole 65 pages.  I did want to ask where you managed to pick up so many zoas from?  I'm planning a heavy zoa tank and don't know where to go if I'm looking for 20+ frags at a time?  Any suggestions for a one-stop shop if my LFS is lacking?

Are you in Central Florida ?! If so,I go to Top Shelf Aquatics and Living Reef Orlando foe all my corals. 

Got some new Zoa's yesterday,grabbed 2p of Candy Apple Pinks,few polyps of Gaterades,1p of RPE's and a purple polyp green birdsnest for free. I'll snag some pics when I get home. 

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Bro I can hook you up with some zoas or nice lil pack like this. 

1. Green/purple rim cap 
2. Mystic sunset monti 
3. 4p oxides 
4. JF fruity pebbles monti 
5. ORA setosa 
6. Sunset monti
7. Bubblegum digi 
8. Superman monti 
9. JF Jack o lantern lepto 
10. Reeftech starburst cap 

IMG_8911.JPG

6 hours ago, lilmatty5dimes said:

Bro I can hook you up with some zoas or nice lil pack like this. 

1. Green/purple rim cap $10
2. Mystic sunset monti $5
3. 4p oxides $15
4. JF fruity pebbles monti $15
5. ORA setosa $10
6. Sunset monti $5
7. Bubblegum digi $15
8. Superman monti $10
9. JF Jack o lantern lepto $20
10. Reeftech starburst cap $10

IMG_8911.JPG

Do you still have my number ?! Text me so we can set something up. 

• Like 1

Got a skimmer coming for the pico sps tank,got a replacement strip coming from BlueAcro to replace my planted beam strip I got from Dave. Ordering the tank this weekend. 

• Like 1

I mamaged to snag a frag of JF Fairy Tales tonight,which I'm super stoked about along with a frag of Super Saiyans,thats a few more to cross off the list !!! 

• Like 3

Got some new salt today,along with 3 frags,2 zoas and a acro. Living Reef here in Orlando has some off the wall $10-$20 sps,so thats where I'm going to stock the sps pico. 

• Like 2

Two new Zoa's I got last night,got 2 new Zoa's today also and a frag of Acro,hoping it sticks thru the dirty tank for the sps pico tank. 

20171022_122940.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lilmatty5dimes said:

Where did you get the fairy tales? I'll shoot ya a text later today when I get off about some zoas frags. 

I got it from TSA,they have a bigger frag for $20,it had about 5p on it. Sounds good man. 

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes
Just now, Reefkid88 said:

I got it from TSA,they have a bigger frag for $20,it had about 5p on it. Sounds good man. 

Dang. That's a killer deal for those. I finanlly made it there a few weeks ago with a buddy and got to see the backroom and it's was out of this world. The one sps tank in the back was crazy full and had pvc under all the sps so they stick out a few inches instead of being right on the rock work. Never seen that before and that it was pretty cool. 

The farm looks awesome. Austin takes me back there every time I go there lol thats how I find all the zoa's I do lol. 

Living Reef has some nice Zoa's right now. Bowsers for $50 for 2 polyps and a boat load of nice sps for $10-$20. 

20171022_205508.jpg

• Like 2

How bad do you guys think it'll throw my tank out of wack if I take my rock I have out now,and replace it with some base rock that has been soaking in a bucket of saltwater and a pump for almost a week ? Or would I have better luck taking the rock out I want to replace,throw it in the bucket with the new rock and leave it for a couple of days ? 

7 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

Can you squeeze the new base rock into the tank along with the current rock for a week or two so it gets seeded with bacteria and then remove the old rock? 

Unfortunately the only thing I could do would be 1- either take the rock thats ib there now and break it up and leave a small piece in the tank with the new scape or 2- break it up leave a small piece in the display and the rest in the bucket. Which option would work best ? 

IMO the safest bet would be to break it up and put the smaller piece in the bucket with the base rock to seed it. You wouldn't need much. Leave the bigger piece in the tank to maintian the biological filter. 

OR, just get some bottled bacteria and add it to the bucket with the base rock and you should be good to go in a short time. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

IMO the safest bet would be to break it up and put the smaller piece in the bucket with the base rock to seed it. You wouldn't need much. Leave the bigger piece in the tank to maintian the biological filter. 

OR, just get some bottled bacteria and add it to the bucket with the base rock and you should be good to go in a short time. 

I may just do that then,make it easier on myself and the tank. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

^this. Keep as much of the existing rock as you can because you don't need much to seed the new rock.

Nice score on the bowsers! :happydance:

24 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

^this. Keep as much of the existing rock as you can because you don't need much to seed the new rock.

Nice score on the bowsers! :happydance:

Thats what I did,I smacked the rock 3 times with a hammer,and put the biggest piece back in the tank,and threw all the smaller pieces in the bucket. I'll give it until next weekend and add the new rock. 

The sps pico has had a piece of 2 year old rock in in for over a week now,I'm gonna get the water tested this weekend and see how that is looking. 

• Like 1