Coral Vue Hydros

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

For bryopsis, you should let the fluco run for 14 days, then you can do a water change, resume skimming, and run carbon.

If you end up with some bryopsis left over, you can repeat the two week treatment again after giving the tank a few days to recover.

And congrats on the new job!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, teenyreef said:

For bryopsis, you should let the fluco run for 14 days, then you can do a water change, resume skimming, and run carbon.

If you end up with some bryopsis left over, you can repeat the two week treatment again after giving the tank a few days to recover.

And congrats on the new job!

Okay,thank you !!! So tomorrow I will renew the carbon and throw the skimmer back on. Indread the micro bubbles to come back,it took almost 2 months to get them to go away. 

Thanks man,I worked for my family for almost 10 years and just the amount of belittlment and how unappreciative they were just got tiring and disgusting. So time for a new journey in life. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Reefkid88

Whew,its been a long 3 weeks for the tank let me tell you. So since I started my new job I haven't really fed the tank and hadn't done a water change in that whole period and with not changing the carbon after dosing Fluco nor putting my skimmer back on the tank it held up surprisingly well. Yesterday I did a 2.5 gallon water change and fed everything and wow,everything looks amazing again. I deep cleaned like crazy,using a old gift card to scrape the algae off the side and back glass panels,even in the corners,picked all the frags clean of the lovely hair and slime type algae I was getting,changed out the old carbon and gfo,cleaned and put the skimmer back on,cleaned my ATO container. 

Once I get my body used to my schedule I will get back into regular routine and get everything looking good again. I am still going to sell off some frags mainly Acan's and a few Zoa's and limit my stock down some. 

• Like 2

Anybody local want to buy any rainbow Acan frags with multiple heads ? Smallest frag is 1 head largest is about 20-25 heads,all are super healthy just got washed out from the leds,all were super rainbow under T5's. Will also trade for some nice Z's and P's or put together a pack with everything for a bomb ass price. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll take pictures. 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up some Zoa's today:

VDM's

Scarface or 24K Gold's

Bam Bam's

Darth Maul's

Antivenoum/Rainbow Sakura lookalike

And picked up Pink Zippers,Mary Janes and Spell Binders last weekend. I'll post some pics once they finally open. 

IMG_20170522_195248_850_zpsby3qz4um.jpg

IMG_20170522_195248_857_zpsndqrqlvf.jpg

20170527_180142_zpsclm4wkrd.jpg

20170527_180156_zpsdiu5m6m4.jpg

• Like 2
On 5/30/2017 at 9:43 AM, teenyreef said:

All the new zoas look great! Bryopsis under control now? 

Thanks buddy. Eh,for thrme most part,I still have to dose Fluco every so often because it comes back a little at a time. 

• 1 month later...

Been a little bit,but the tank is doing good,just chugging along. Got a bunch more new Zoa's no new Acan's or Favia's. Also went back to T5's,all my Acan's lost all their rainbow colors and have turned a drab red. 

• 2 months later...

Tank got down graded to the 2g cube again,been working 60hr 6 day weeks and just havent had the time for water changes of the bigger tank,so this one will only been half gallon water changes on sunday's. 

Traded in a lot of my Acan's this past weekend as well got a nice chunk in store credit. 

Now mainly just bracing for this hurricane and hoping the power doesn't go out. 

• Like 1

Thanks,I'm definitely going to try. I'm right near Orlando and the winds are bad yet,maybe 5-10 mph but the rain has been falling steady for about 3-4 hours now. 

They were on their ways on being back to how they used to look. A few more weeks and they would have been colored back up. I have a few more colonies I could trade in,but I will have them cut me a head off first lol. My tank is slowly becoming a Zoa's tank again lol. 

So far my Zoa list consists of:

Rasta's

Halle Berries

Rainbow Sakura's

My Clementines 

Mary Janes

Spellbiners

Darth Maul's

VDM's

Lunar Eclipse

Mohawks

Raptor Rainbow

TSA Sour Apples

Pink Bubblegum's

TSA Rainbow Zoa

Mardarin's

King Madia's 

TSA somethingorother Rainbow 

WWC Purple Monsters

Pink Zippers

Cat Eyes

Fruit Loops

Safe Crackers

Some weird green zoa's

Random sparkly zoa's

I'll snap some pics when everything isn't so pissed off,I just swtiched everything late last night. 

• Like 1

Had to get a new AC20,my old one was make some obnoxious noises. Everything is still pissy as hell and closed up for the most part. Hopefully here soon eveeything will be somewhat happy and open. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh,and I do have a Mini Tide on its way too !!!!!! Pretty happy about that. 

I actually have 2 Glo strips and 1 Planted strip from his Beam series coming too.

Our long work weeks may be coming to a end here soon,so I will be able to focus on my tanks more and a special project I have been dying to kick off. 

5 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I say keep the little reef, and post a FTS for us. ;)

Here is a FTS the day after I set it up,its still all thrown together,rock isn't what I like it to be,algae everywhere still lol. 

20170921_204443.jpg

I did add 2 snails and a yellow clown goby,which is hiding or jumped,I havent seen him since the night I added him. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, debbeach13 said:

That is a cute little tank. I vote to keep it. 

Thank you,its here to stay !!! 

Once my schedule slows down,I'm going to redo my rocks,let them cure for about 2-3 weeks in a seperate area and then add them to the tank. 

But,when I have more time again,I want to either do a planted tank or a sps pico tank again in a aquamaxx 5.2 gallon. Seeming all I will need is the tank. I have a rw4,ac50,my diy light once my tide comes in from thatguytom and I have plenty of rock still. 

• Like 2

I won't lie...I didn't read the whole 65 pages.  I did want to ask where you managed to pick up so many zoas from?  I'm planning a heavy zoa tank and don't know where to go if I'm looking for 20+ frags at a time?  Any suggestions for a one-stop shop if my LFS is lacking?