Cultivated Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

kessils are amazing, the 350 you can dim but you can DIY dimmer into a A150w

If you're even considering Nanobox, then DO ITTTTTT lol

+1 to nano box too

• Like 1

If you're even considering Nanobox, then DO ITTTTTT lol

That's what I'm aiming for,110%. Just playing the field ATM lol. Ben,how does the Aurora kit seem to be ? Do you know anything about it ?

Nanofreak79

Yeah, I've finally decided on T5's for my build. I got a sweet deal locally on another ATI fixture. I'm going to add reefbrites or a diy actinic strip to the fixture. My little pico is gonna be 2rb,1nw and 1v.

Yeah, I've finally decided on T5's for my build. I got a sweet deal locally on another ATI fixture. I'm going to add reefbrites or a diy actinic strip to the fixture. My little pico is gonna be 2rb,1nw and 1v.

I saw that he had mentioned that. I miss t5's but my tank is too small and I don't want 6+ inches of unused fixture hanging on each side of the tank lol.

Nanofreak79

I saw that he had mentioned that. I miss t5's but my tank is too small and I don't want 6+ inches of unused fixture hanging on each side of the tank lol.

Why? That would look nice and ghetto fab.

Hahaha I'm trying to keep this as sophisticated as possible !!! Putting a 24" fixture over a 14" tank is like putting 32" rims on a civic lol.

• Like 2
Hahaha I'm trying to keep this as sophisticated as possible !!! Putting a 24" fixture over a 14" tank is like putting 32" rims on a civic lol.

I will stay with my DIY led setup. I do like the look of the nanobox and I probably would have bought one of these if I didn't like building my own stuff so much.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

I will stay with my DIY led setup. I do like the look of the nanobox and I probably would have bought one of these if I didn't like building my own stuff so much.

That's why I sweet-talked Dave into selling me just the housing and heatsink :)

• Like 2

Brother Reefkid88, i want to talk to you about the gospel of Tide about the story of the light prophet, Nanobox. Follow the good shepherd Dave Fason into en​light​​enment. Rejoice and bask in the glow of eternal coral growth!

• Like 2

I don't blame you,and I fully agree. I've thought about just going ahead and buy a ass load of solderless leds and maybe offing the triple pucks. Idk.. I'm at a crossroads in my reefing life right meow.. I'm most likely going to go with Dave still when it all boils down. Even if it takes me awhile to stack up my paypal to $314 for the light.. Only $214 left <_<

That's why I sweet-talked Dave into selling me just the housing and heatsink :)

Hahaha,how'd you pull that one off.. God only knows what you'll pull off and manage to cram into the housing !!!

Brother Reefkid88, i want to talk to you about the gospel of Tide about the story of the light prophet, Nanobox. Follow the good shepherd Dave Fason into en​light​​enment. Rejoice and bask in the glow of eternal coral growth!

Amen brother,preach it lol. I take it you're another happy NB owner ? I hope to be one soon.

Question,he allows you to pick which colors and amount of each colors you want one specific channels right,and how many channels ? Or is this a question I need to take up with Dave ?

jedimasterben

Hahaha,how'd you pull that one off.. God only knows what you'll pull off and manage to cram into the housing !!!

Eh, all told about $680 lmao

These are part of it. Each board has four LEDs mounted in the center. :)

IMG_20140315_115158319.jpg

jedimasterben

Four of the boards have one Luxeon UV 400nm, one Luxeon UV 425nm, and two Luxeon Z blue. The other four have one Luxeon UV 400nm, one Luxeon UV 425nm, one Luxeon Z blue, and one Luxeon Z cyan.

The other LEDs in the array are 8x Luxeon M royal blue (finally got some top-bin chips, 6700mW of output!) and 4x Bridgelux Vero 10, and a pair of Coral Plus 36" bulbs.

Nanofreak79
Four of the boards have one Luxeon UV 400nm, one Luxeon UV 425nm, and two Luxeon Z blue. The other four have one Luxeon UV 400nm, one Luxeon UV 425nm, one Luxeon Z blue, and one Luxeon Z cyan.

The other LEDs in the array are 8x Luxeon M royal blue (finally got some top-bin chips, 6700mW of output!) and 4x Bridgelux Vero 10, and a pair of Coral Plus 36" bulbs.

EPIC!

• Like 1

Jesus that's going to be ridiculous !! Wow.

Quick question,say I keep my light.. Would I be able to take 1-2 pucks out and run them with one of Rapids nano driver or if I took 1 out and ran it with a moonlight driver ?

Nanofreak79
Jesus that's going to be ridiculous !! Wow. Quick question,say I keep my light.. Would I be able to take 1-2 pucks out and run them with one of Rapids nano driver or if I took 1 out and ran it with a moonlight driver ?
Remind me what your running. I know they run 700ma 1-10leds? I think?

Following!

Remind me what your running. I know they run 700ma 1-10leds? I think?

As in leds ? It's one XP-E cool white and one Xp-E blue and XP-E royal blue on each puck. The drivers are whites on ELN-60-27P for the whites and a LPF-60D-54 for the blues.

Yeah the nano driver is 700mA max and power 1-10 leds.

I-smile-because-i-have-no-idea-whats-goi

Amen brother,preach it lol. I take it you're another happy NB owner ? I hope to be one soon.

Actually, I am unenlightened still. I'm still treading the path towards NanoBox.

Shit yeah it is lol. And friggin' EXPENSIVE!

Here's a link to the current FINAL color scheme and LED layout. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/323517-the-ledt5-hybrid-evil-cluster-diy-led-on-steroids/?p=4661469

awww-yeah.jpg

• Like 2

Holy wow. I couldn't even afford the light alone, let alone a large tank plus another tank/light set up...

Some day I may learn all about DIY lights and how it all works. For some reason, that particular concept in this hobby hasn't clicked.

Holy wow. I couldn't even afford the light alone, let alone a large tank plus another tank/light set up...

Some day I may learn all about DIY lights and how it all works. For some reason, that particular concept in this hobby hasn't clicked.

Oh okay,you and me both lol. Yeah no joke on the cost of that light.

Thank god I came into money at the right time for this build that I have going on. And all the stuff I'm using for my girlfriends tank is all left over stuff from my tank. The filter,media,acrylic for the tank,salt,rock,test kits ect ect lol. All I need is to throw together a small light. Which should cost $60-$100 depending on which driver and leds I use.

I think why a lot of people ( including myself ) steer away from DIY lights is because of wiring,voltage and #'s game that comes into play. If you've been hit by a live 120 wire like I have it'll scare you for life lol.

I've continuously keep calling rapidled in regardless to if I can run one triple puck off of a moonlight driver and I get no answer... Fml.

On the upside,I found the perfect heatsink from a computer with a fan attached to the top already. I just have to find a ac adapter to hook it up too.. Fun !!

image_zpsba73dfa9.jpg

image_zpsbc2ebb1f.jpg

Should I get the heatsink shaved down so it's 100% even of will it not matter ?