Can clown fish get over clown fish disease

Rainbowunicorn

Rainbowunicorn

Hello I've had a clown fish for a little over a week now and it clearly has clownfish disease. However I don't have a QT or any meds and surprisingly it is still alive and it looks better like it's gills art even red anymore and it hasn't got anymore spots like some are going away.....but it still gasps for air ever so often.

Clown fish disease is Brooklynella, which appears as a mucous coating on the surface of the fish.

Marine ich, Cryptocaryon irritans looks like grains of salt.

I have never been able to save a fish with Brooklynella without treatment, typically fatal within a day or two of presentation.

Fish can over come a marine ich episode, damage to gills is probably affected by length and intensity of infection.

How can you just watch the poor thing suffer... :unsure: I have never seen one survive. Don't add any new fish right away either because the parasite is now infecting your tank and it won't disappear from the death of the fish. Ich is 8 weeks without fish to starve the parasite out but I am not sure about brook.

I remember your other post about how you added fish and then they died and you were out $50. Well anytime you add ANYTHING thats wet.. you may kill your fish or infest your tank with pests. Adding a snail from a store who has the parasite on that little bit of water on its shell could literally wipe everything out again. You could invest that $ into a QT and save yourself future heartache and $. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, a box to hold water, a heater, some cut up PVC pipes for the fish to hide in, and a power head. I have seen people do it in 5 gallon buckets.

Archived