Coral Vue Hydros

Tank Transfer Help

Sneltyr

Have a 9 gallon with ~10lbs LR & 10lb LS. As instructed by Nano-Reefers tank is too small for my 2 young Ocelarris Clowns & BRF shrimp.

Local reefers are babysitting clowns & shrimp during tank change & cycle.

How do I move from 9g to Biocube 29? Just rock, sand, some additional rock/sand and 6 snails - no coral.

Thanks Much

This should be relatively easy. Just move it over and add whatever additional sand and rock you are going to need. Then let it cycle again.

I don't know if you are going to want to keep the snails in there while this is going on, they likely will not survive the cycle.

This should be relatively easy. Just move it over and add whatever additional sand and rock you are going to need. Then let it cycle again.

I don't know if you are going to want to keep the snails in there while this is going on, they likely will not survive the cycle.

Thanks much - I'll make a little temporary home for the CUC.

You can keep everything if you wish. Just put the existing live rock, new live sand, and current livestock in the 29gal. Then cure/cycle the new rock in another tank/container (with powerhead for circulation). When it's ready, move the cured rock to the new tank.

It's easier to just use new sand. But if you want to reuse the old sand, rinse it very well in saltwater, then let it cure with your new live rock before transferring it to the new tank.

You can keep everything if you wish. Just put the existing live rock, new live sand, and current livestock in the 29gal. Then cure/cycle the new rock in another tank/container (with powerhead for circulation). When it's ready, move the cured rock to the new tank.

It's easier to just use new sand. But if you want to reuse the old sand, rinse it very well in saltwater, then let it cure with your new live rock before transferring it to the new tank.

Seabass -

I may just get new sand. The livestock is already at the foster home (urban aquatics in Houston) having a blast swimming around in huge frag tanks. They will keep them as long as needed so I have a chance to do it right & SLOW. Probably new sand, some new dry rock and some of my live rock for seeding. I also need to order the Biocube 29 kit from StevieT.

Thanks Much

Archived