ReefCleaners.org

Bracket request for IM Nuvo 30/38 tanks.

Islandoftiki

Hey Maxspect,

I'm really enjoying my Razor Nano 16k light. There's only one thing that would take it from being a four star product to a 5 star product for the many of us who have IM Nuvo 30 and 38 tanks. Mounting brackets that allow the light to be centered over the tank.

With the light mounted to the back glass of the tank, you can't get the light far enough forward to center it. Example: In this picture, the upside down shot glass is the center of the tank and the light is as far forward as the bracket arms will allow.

4A248C9E-orig_zps4c446275.jpg

So, I bought the alternate stainless mounting bracket kit hoping the arms might be a little longer, but they aren't. It will allow me to mount the light 90 degrees sideways, but the size of the brackets that attach to the tank interfere with the tank cover, which probably isn't an issue for most people, but I need to keep the top on the tank because we have several fully-flighted parrots who would inevitably fly straight into the tank. So, I could probably take the glass top to a glass shop and have the sides notched out to fit around the brackets, or build a custom screen top, but that's a bunch of mucking around that I'd rather not have to do.

Anyhow, I'm probably going to hack up the mounting arm kit and using a piece of stout stainless tubing, make a pair of extended arms.

Short story long, I think these are popular enough tanks that it would be nice to have a pair of extended length arms to bring the light forward and inch to an inch and a half at it's maximum travel for those of us with IM Nuvo 30 and 38 tanks (and probably a few other brands of tanks).

I love the light, and it's been working great for me. I recently added the 120 degree optics and absolutely love them. I just need to figure out the mounting situation.

Cheers!

Islandoftiki

Archived