Coral Vue Hydros

First tank college nano

dondon4720

LarryMoeCurly

I would not use fake stuff, it seems like it would just be another surface for algae to grow on, and another thing to clean. IMO, go with the clown and a few hardy corals like softies and maybe LPS.

I would not use fake stuff, it seems like it would just be another surface for algae to grow on, and another thing to clean. IMO, go with the clown and a few hardy corals like softies and maybe LPS.

what are some examples of hardy corals that will grow with the stock lights

Kenya's, xenia, mushrooms, zoas, pallys, toadstools, leather corals, gsp, ect is what I would go with. I wouldn't even bother with LPS just because you're moving it so often.

Don't forget when you move the tank you have to move the water too to keep everything wet and have new water to mix and set it up with too due to debris getting disturbed. It sucks moving that much water around. I had 12g cube I used to move around and it wasn't all that fun when I was trying to move my clothing and other essentials too. Every time you move you will want replace some of the old water you hauled with new water to counteract any nasties you may have stirred up. I also used some prime after moving my tank just to be on the safer side.

I would go with NO SAND (bare bottom) or change the sand every time you move. If you want sand then just use a small amount.. a half of an inch or less even and keep a bag of dry sand around to change it every time you move. Stirring up the sand when moving it can be very bad and crash the tank.

Archived