Cultivated Reef

hey :) - new to marine keeping

Ellie

Hi everyone,

Stumbled across this awesome looking forum whilst doing some internet researching today. I have kept tropical fish before but never marine fish, although Ive wanted to get a marine tank for a while. I plan on getting one soon but in the meantime I want to learn as much as I can, so I can hopefully get most things right the first time round and know what to buy when I get my tank.

Ellie

Hi everyone,

Stumbled across this awesome looking forum whilst doing some internet researching today. I have kept tropical fish before but never marine fish, although Ive wanted to get a marine tank for a while. I plan on getting one soon but in the meantime I want to learn as much as I can, so I can hopefully get most things right the first time round and know what to buy when I get my tank.

Ellie

If you need any help or have any questions feel free to ask, as always welcome to nano-reef.

thanks for the warm welcome guys. Dramad 1, yes im sure I will become very addicted very quickly :) I always seem to have so many ideas for aquascaping/fish species that i end up wanting so many tanks!

Welcome! I myself am just coming back to the site and hobby after a few years off. And trust me when I say this, you WILL become addicted! But that's a good thing, just remember to take it slow!

:welcome:

Hi there, welcome :)

Best piece of advice I can give you is this...buy the very best equipment you can afford from day one. If you cut corners because of cost you will almost always be disappointed. If you plan out ahead what you need you'll actually save money in the long run. Things don't have to be complicated. You can run great tanks on very little as long as what you have is top notch (like your skimmer, lighting etc)

Good luck and again, :welcome:

just remember to take it slow!

yup I am definitely doing this. I am completely new to marine so things are feeling a little daunting still but i will get there. i bought a book to read and ive been trawling through alot of this forum and the featured aquariums to give me lots of inspiration :) Then when it comes to actually buying the tank etc I should have a grasp on what I want etc.

One thing I was thinking, is it hard to move a marine tank once things are in place re corals and stuff? We dont own a house yet, hopefully where we are atm we will be for 2 years, but after that itll be moving again.

LarryMoeCurly

One thing I was thinking, is it hard to move a marine tank once things are in place re corals and stuff? We dont own a house yet, hopefully where we are atm we will be for 2 years, but after that itll be moving again.

I have never moved one, but the more prepared you are the easier it will be (as with most things). Here is a guide that might be helpful.

Archived