SaltCritters.com

Fluval Spec V Build RETIRED

2004jeeplaredo

I'm thinking of getting one to take care of some aiptasia, perhaps eat some GHA since he's herbivore..

But I'm hoping he'd pair with my Orange spotted Goby? I've heard it's rare but possible...

Just worried about them munching corals in the future as I've also read that can happen :(

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2004jeeplaredo
I'm thinking of getting one to take care of some aiptasia, perhaps eat some GHA since he's herbivore..

But I'm hoping he'd pair with my Orange spotted Goby? I've heard it's rare but possible...

Just worried about them munching corals in the future as I've also read that can happen :(

Yeah im sure if they are well fed, they wont but i had a emerald crab i pulling chunks off my frogspawn so he got booted. I think shrimp are better though.

2004jeeplaredo

Some more pics plus a current full tank shot. corals Corals are growing well. My people eaters have a new head somewhat hidden behind the others. Added a Kena tree.

_DSC2261.jpg

_DSC2258.jpg

_DSC2260.jpg

Enjoy.

2004jeeplaredo
great pics and love your scape!

did you get the frogspawn from uniquecorals.com? The price on the website is pretty high for corals...

I did. Its got 3 heads. My LFS was chargeing 35$ a head for frogspawn so i felt like unique coral was a good deal. There shipping was cheaper than anyone i could find. Plus my LFS pissed me off with there prices so...

• 5 weeks later...
2004jeeplaredo

Heres a quick mock up for a light bracket to get my LED light higher off the tank to allow better access and to reduce the intensity to my corals. Im really happy so far. Now just need to do something other than rubber bands. Total cost around 20 dollars.

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
2004jeeplaredo

More Pics!!

Added a tiny clown. I am planning on going to a Nuvo 16 within a few months so he wont be in here for long. Also added another Ricordea, A Duncan, a Silver Xenia and a few more zoanthids.

FTS 2 photo stitch...

ReeftankCorals1.jpg

More Pics...

_DSC5001.jpg

_DSC4996.jpg

_DSC4988.jpg

These were just brown at first and was a little disappointed but now the blue is filling in nicely!

_DSC4984.jpg

_DSC4963.jpg

Meet Nicholas, he's tiny, maybe 3/4in long.

Nuvo 16 coming soon...

2004jeeplaredo
Looks good man! Im digging the duncan :wub: , Im going to have to find a frag for myself

Yea it was one of my bucketlist corals. My LFS had a sale this weekend and got him for 15$ per head.

I think it looks fine either way. All you want to worry about is not having your LPS sting anything else around them

2004jeeplaredo
I think it looks fine either way. All you want to worry about is not having your LPS sting anything else around them

Ok. The current there is a gentle lift up to the overflow so i think the sweepers would only go up and back.

• 2 weeks later...
2004jeeplaredo
I been thinking about getting a spinstream for my fluval spec since my rock is blocking alot of flow to the back of the tank...then i found your video =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMF6fnHW5o4'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMF6fnHW5o4

That sealed the deal for me.

Nice. I like mine. Just wish it didn't cut down so much of the flow from the pump but makes it a more controlled flow and not to violent. Post some pics and share when ya get yours up and running.

Nice. I like mine. Just wish it didn't cut down so much of the flow from the pump but makes it a more controlled flow and not to violent. Post some pics and share when ya get yours up and running.

ended up getting the Hydor Rotating Deflector instead. $10 vs $30.... =P

2004jeeplaredo

ended up getting the Hydor Rotating Deflector instead. $10 vs $30.... =P

Im curious to see it working. If you can please share a video?

2004jeeplaredo

Have a new video in the works. Going to be of new scape but also timelapses of my corals, seeing movement i didnt know some had. The peppermint shrimp is really driving me nuts though. Just as the coral starts to open, the shrimp decides to stroll on em and makes em close again. Nonetheless ive captures some cool timelapses of them. Working on one now of my toadstool opening.

Archived