SaltCritters.com

ATO on a budget

bpounds1991

I have to say having dual floats saved me already. I have only had my dual kit from autotopoff.com for a couple months and the main float was stuck down. Keep in mind I tried to clean it every two weeks. So the second float saved me from flooding since I run a MJ400 on a timer, even though it's on a timer it would be able to flood it in 15 minutes. I try to keep my reservoir at about 2-3 gallons at most in the event it does fail.

I have to say having dual floats saved me already. I have only had my dual kit from autotopoff.com for a couple months and the main float was stuck down. Keep in mind I tried to clean it every two weeks. So the second float saved me from flooding since I run a MJ400 on a timer, even though it's on a timer it would be able to flood it in 15 minutes. I try to keep my reservoir at about 2-3 gallons at most in the event it does fail.

see, I used a maxijet for a while, but the potential for a flood scared me.. with the tom aqualifter, it's a trickle stream of water..

also, I've only cleaned my float maybe twice in the two years I've had it :unsure: if you keep it out of the light it shouldn't grow any algae and in turn shouldn't attract snails..

it's got 2.5/5 stars on amazon. half of the reviews are 1 star, granted there are only a total of 10 reviews...

On drs foster and Smith and marine dept the reviews are far more positive.

On drs foster and Smith and marine dept the reviews are far more positive.

I think it may have been early bugs in the unit.. most of those reviews are pretty old and I remember reading them shortly after that ato first came out..

Archived