Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion

jolee0722

30 looks good but I don't care for the squared corners on the front. Nice that it comes with the mat and mesh top standard like the SR series does. And I do like the added depth and height over my 24.

I did notice that they shrunk the larger chamber in the back, giving the extra space to the main pump area. My guess is to try and force people to buy their parts, especially the skimmer since the Tunze 9002 is too big to fit in the new 30.

I did notice that they shrunk the larger chamber in the back, giving the extra space to the main pump area. My guess is to try and force people to buy their parts, especially the skimmer since the Tunze 9002 is too big to fit in the new 30.

Where did you find the dimensions of the filtration area?

Where did you find the dimensions of the filtration area?

Marine Depot has these listed as pre-order and they have the link to the owners manual on the page.

Unless they are planing to come out with a new slimmer skimmer, it looks like the smaller chamber is now a dedicated heater/probe area and the primary pump area is now supposed to house a skimmer as well.

I have a 400.00 warranty credit with them and I got a email today asking if I'd like to apply it to the new 30l instead of waiting for the next shipment of black 24g to arrive.

What kind of lighting would you guys use on the 30L....seems like the price of the lighting might as well go with the sr-60

I would do diy LEDs.

As far as lighting goes, I would go with the Maxspect 27 Inch Razor R420R 16,000K 160W LED Light Fixture for the 30L.

I could see the 120 working if it's hung.

Nano Box!! I have a custom 24" Duo over my Nuvo 24 and it's amazing. You can see pics of it in my signature. It shows the light in detail too. It has so many options and fully customizable and programmable.

Nano Box!! I have a custom 24" Duo over my Nuvo 24 and it's amazing. You can see pics of it in my signature. It shows the light in detail too. It has so many options and fully customizable and programmable.

$650 for a 24" light over a 36" ~20 gallon display just seems overkill.

$650 for a 24" light over a 36" ~20 gallon display just seems overkill.

It's a great light and how many people end up getting bigger tanks down the road? If someone thinks they will, it sure would be nice to know that you don't have to buy another light. :)

It's a great light and how many people end up getting bigger tanks down the road? If someone thinks they will, it sure would be nice to know that you don't have to buy another light. :)

Oh I hear ya on the nanobox i have a mini. I am just saying that this tank isnt even released yet and is $800 (with the stand) might as well just get the SR-60 for the $1250 that marinedepot has it on sale right and you could use the same light. The dimensions of an all in one 30L are just kinda tough.

Oh I hear ya on the nanobox i have a mini. I am just saying that this tank isnt even released yet and is $800 (with the stand) might as well just get the SR-60 for the $1250 that marinedepot has it on sale right and you could use the same light. The dimensions of an all in one 30L are just kinda tough.

I agree... For the money I would go with the SR-60.

Yup!! They are going to find that out the hard way!!!

The dimensions are almost the same as the 24g but 1" wider, but I do like the squared corners better than the rounded glass.

The dimensions are almost the same as the 24g but 1" wider, but I do like the squared corners better than the rounded glass.

There are definitely some pros and cons to the new 30L. I like how they beefed the tank up and added the screen top. I don't like how they changed the size of the chambers in the back. With the 30L, it appears you can only fit one skimmer and one media reactor in the back, unless you use the middle chamber. If you use a protein skimmer in the middle chamber you might run into trouble with microbubbles. They are also using a smaller return pump (317 gph). The IM24 uses a 476 gph return pump. You can also utilize the rear chambers better in the IM24, based on the dimensions given on the 30L. You can easily fit two inTank media baskets, one inTank fuge basket, a Tunze 9002 protein skimmer, a heater and fit an IM mid size media reactor in the center chamber. There are pros and cons to both tanks.

Archived