inTank Media Baskets

New 8 gallon nano

R33fin

Hey guys just started a new 8 gallon nano. Been out of the hobby for a while and needed to come back to reefing :) This hobby is great and the people in it i learn something new everyday. Let me know what you guys think!

Tank specs:
8 gallon rimless 3 panel starphire
HOB filter/skimmer
Aquatop nano powerhead
ViaAqua 50 watt heater
Orphek Par 38 Dimmable Led

Live stock:
10 pounds of live rock
15 pounds of live sand
Some zoa colonys
Xenia
Yellow Polyps
6 blue leg hermits
1 turbo snail

Tank looks great! Looks like it's already filled now. Surprised you didn't go with frags to grow out and there's no fish!

Thanks! And yea haha just couldnt wait for frags to grow, im planning on adding fish later just want to stock up on coral right now!

Legendary Corals

Thanks! And yea haha just couldnt wait for frags to grow, im planning on adding fish later just want to stock up on coral right now!

Just you wait until you see some amazing coral at your LFS that you can't pass up on... Going to change how you keep your tank. It happens to a lot of us. :lol:

A pistol shrimp goby pair would be interesting to watch!

Just you wait until you see some amazing coral at your LFS that you can't pass up on... Going to change how you keep your tank. It happens to a lot of us. :lol:

A pistol shrimp goby pair would be interesting to watch!

Yeahhh i probably wont be able to resist :D And yes! Ive thought about those guys too it would be very interesting to have in a nano. Does any goby pair with the shrimp or does it have to be a certain one?

Legendary Corals

Yeahhh i probably wont be able to resist :D And yes! Ive thought about those guys too it would be very interesting to have in a nano. Does any goby pair with the shrimp or does it have to be a certain one?

Mmm... you definitely are limited in this tank. You'll probably have to choose a goby from the family stonogobiops. You can choose between the Antenna Goby or Yasha Goby. Or if you would like something more exotic a dracula goby. These all pair up with a Randall's/Candy Cane Pistol shrimp. I do recommend a lid since they can jump, but then all fish can jump. LOL

Mmm... you definitely are limited in this tank. You'll probably have to choose a goby from the family stonogobiops. You can choose between the Antenna Goby or Yasha Goby. Or if you would like something more exotic a dracula goby. These all pair up with a Randall's/Candy Cane Pistol shrimp. I do recommend a lid since they can jump, but then all fish can jump. LOL

Okayy gotcha will do and update when i add fish :D and LOL your absolutely right

12547793304_c66fa03a6c_z.jpg

Added a mp10 love this thing even though i wont be able to use its full capabilities in a nano tank :(

12547286405_26326303df_z.jpg

Also added a fire shrimp this guy has one of the most interesting personalities!

Archived