SaltCritters.com

Reefs2Go DOA's, no return email or calls?

Nanofreak79

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well to make things worse there also appear to be some major security issues with their website. Was working on an order the other night and noticed random items being added to my cart. I would delete them, they'd reappear, and items I added were being deleted. Turns out there's a session management issue (dunno if they've patched their cart software lately but there's a bug!). Of course that also meant that if the site was confusing me with another logged-in user, all I had to do was click "My Account" and I was looking at that user's personal information. Ended up emailing 3 different R2G account holders letting them know I inadvertently accessed their accounts -- to include personal info, order history, available gift cards, etc. If they had a credit card saved under their account I would have had that info too. Heard back from 2 of those users who said they saw similar issues when they were on the website...

Only posting here after FB'ing R2G with an urgent "call me -- you are having major security issues with your site" and hearing crickets.

Opened my account and there are items in my cart along with someone else's email address. WTF! I'm logged in under this other email address and my password seems to be in there as well. Whoever the owner of reefs2go is needs to be kicked in the balls! Just called paypal, and the lady stated that she got a hold of them....oh, bty, with a personal cell number they have listed. I can't even leave a message without the system hanging up on me mid convo.

If you knock on their door they'd probably call the cops cause their "facility" is actually a house. Now I have no problem with companies that run out of a house, Reef Gardener(5 minutes in the opposite direction of R2G) runs out of a house but she is the freaking coolest person on the planet AND she actually cares about how her livestock fares. Not only that but she has frags ready to go and everything has been healed for AGES. I'd rather pay $20 for a product and know that it'll be exactly what I ordered and perfect than $10 and have it die and go through this hassle. R2G makes getting your money back harder than applying for graduation on a higher learning degree....

Aside from their lack of caring one of my largest issues is all the DOA, what on EARTH do they do to screw up overnight shipping? Its fairly difficult to kill something that is only in transport 20 hours MAXXXXX. Do they not put a heat pack in there or??? Even I as a hobbyist find DOA something super rare on overnights, its happened once...maybeeeee twice if we're getting crazy with it. Do they pour cyanide in the water or???

If this was gonna be a side gig maybe, just maybeeeee they shouldn't have opened themselves up to the world via the internet...

Also, I hate going on their page on FB because everyone there swears the sun shines out of their assholes.

(because 99.999999% are beginner hobbyiests that live in Florida and like cheap stuff)

P.S. If a company thats 5 minutes away doesn't let me come, cash in hand, so I can select some pieces I will NEVER trust them with my money.

I just filed a BBB claim on them....I'm sure it will go right to there shredder, but anyway...this whole deal about the shopping cart and someone else's email logged into my account is pretty jacked.

If you knock on their door they'd probably call the cops cause their "facility" is actually a house. Now I have no problem with companies that run out of a house, Reef Gardener(5 minutes in the opposite direction of R2G) runs out of a house but she is the freaking coolest person on the planet AND she actually cares about how her livestock fares. Not only that but she has frags ready to go and everything has been healed for AGES. I'd rather pay $20 for a product and know that it'll be exactly what I ordered and perfect than $10 and have it die and go through this hassle. R2G makes getting your money back harder than applying for graduation on a higher learning degree....Aside from their lack of caring one of my largest issues is all the DOA, what on EARTH do they do to screw up overnight shipping? Its fairly difficult to kill something that is only in transport 20 hours MAXXXXX. Do they not put a heat pack in there or??? Even I as a hobbyist find DOA something super rare on overnights, its happened once...maybeeeee twice if we're getting crazy with it. Do they pour cyanide in the water or???If this was gonna be a side gig maybe, just maybeeeee they shouldn't have opened themselves up to the world via the internet...Also, I hate going on their page on FB because everyone there swears the sun shines out of their assholes.(because 99.999999% are beginner hobbyiests that live in Florida and like cheap stuff)P.S. If a company thats 5 minutes away doesn't let me come, cash in hand, so I can select some pieces I will NEVER trust them with my money. [/quote

hahahaha...love it! Sad, but true. Please throw a steaming bag of $hit on there door step for me;)

Christopher Marks

This has been moved to the Vendor Feedback Forum, since this appears to be still unresolved.

Reefs2Go is no longer a site sponsor, and their sponsor forum is no longer available.

Oopsie poopsie...sorry! We all know this would never happen, not from such an upstanding citizen :)

Just FYI there's a company that sends a box of elephant poop to people's doors

But you have to be amazed to see vendors like reefs2go still in business. Sad but true...... It says a lot about us as customers. Wake up ppl!!! Put R2Go on your sh***t list and warn others. There are plenty vendors out there that earn their bread honestly and pride themselves with care and customer service. R2Go isn't one of them !!!!!!

But you have to be amazed to see vendors like reefs2go still in business. Sad but true...... It says a lot about us as customers. Wake up ppl!!! Put R2Go on your sh***t list and warn others. There are plenty vendors out there that earn their bread honestly and pride themselves with care and customer service. R2Go isn't one of them !!!!!!

It's all about statistics. Obviously not ALL of their orders go bad. They are a mass volume vendor. They not gonna pay attention if a few orders go wrong as long as enough orders go right.

It's all about statistics. Obviously not ALL of their orders go bad. They are a mass volume vendor. They not gonna pay attention if a few orders go wrong as long as enough orders go right.

Great policy. I am sure it serve them well.

Here is a quick link and number for ya regarding them. This is from my local reef club member, who posted this on my thread over there.

Interesting note from the BBB...

35 complaints filed against business

Failure to respond to 8 complaints filed against business.

2 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.

Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/busi....U47MaOoc.dpuf

Update....jack crap from reefs2go regarding credit. They have gotten back to paypal stating they do not issue refunds, but will rye ship the missing items and credit account for DOA's. The funny thing, is there is no credit for this in my account, and they have yet to reach out and contact me since this thread was posted.

Update....jack crap from reefs2go regarding credit. They have gotten back to paypal stating they do not issue refunds, but will rye ship the missing items and credit account for DOA's. The funny thing, is there is no credit for this in my account, and they have yet to reach out and contact me since this thread was posted.
They will credit your Reef2go account not your Paypal account.

If they don't issue refunds the credit is towards more items.

They will credit your Reef2go account not your Paypal account.

Yes, I understand that, but they have yet to do so since telling paypal they are. It's been weeks since the statement from them.

Yes, I understand that, but they have yet to do so since telling paypal they are. It's been weeks since the statement from them.
ok I thought you were looking for a credit in your Paypal account. Have you called Paypal? If not call Paypal and tell them you are tired of this BS and want your money. Sometimes the operator will deal with it a little differently.
ok I thought you were looking for a credit in your Paypal account. Have you called Paypal? If not call Paypal and tell them you are tired of this BS and want your money. Sometimes the operator will deal with it a little differently.

Yeah, just got off the phone with them, again. The lady from disputes was super cool and credited me money from paypal themselves...not the whole credit, but a very nice gesture none the less. She says she will call there private number they have and see if she can get them to contact me.

Just filed with my bank to get my money back... I'm going on 2 months with half of my order shipped, all dead, no replies to anything email, phone, ect. Do not order from reefs 2 go! Hopefully I will get all my money back, but what a hassle.

I am sorry all this happened to you. I was going to order a fish from them but now I don't know what to do... =/ They never responded an e-mail when I requested a local pick-up. I hope you can solve your problem real soon.

Archived