Pod Your Reef

Peanut's palace

Boggers

I would say about an inch long and no bigger around than a McDonald's straw. You can see a few dwarf Certh snails in the picture to get a good scale. I looked for freshly moved sand along the rocks a few times last night without finding any evidence of a new cave. I also did not hear anything different coming from the tank.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have hear a pistol shrimp snap and would estimate a similar sound, but he is pretty small. Plenty of food around for him ATM. Snails, few hermits and what not.

aaaw. so peanut is actually smaller than a peanut. I like tiny, watch them grow for longer! I've never seen one that color so I can't wait to see what happens after the first molt.

Well about a week without a sight of the little guy. I may pick up a few rocks here and there tonight and see if I have any luck if I do not see him when I feed the coral.

Didn't have to search. Got a glimpse of him snagging a little brime shrimp and duck under some rocks. Too fast for a pic.

Darker tan body and stripes are darker and more pronounced.

• 3 weeks later...

Turquoise is about right on the joints of the front smashers. There is a bit of purple as well especially the tail.

I have light on 8 hrs a day but it's not a bright light, but even though mine hide 80% of the time it they molted green. I wonder if all I had in one of the tank was red macros would it lean towards that or is it solely a light reason? It's just a strip with white lights and has 4 blues. Enough to take care of growing macro algae but even mushrooms in there aren't doing as good as I thought they would.

002_zps5425e272.jpg

I have light on 8 hrs a day but it's not a bright light, but even though mine hide 80% of the time it they molted green. I wonder if all I had in one of the tank was red macros would it lean towards that or is it solely a light reason? It's just a strip with white lights and has 4 blues. Enough to take care of growing macro algae but even mushrooms in there aren't doing as good as I thought they would.

Which light is that again?

Turquoise is about right on the joints of the front smashers. There is a bit of purple as well especially the tail.

Wow. Can't wait to see what he looks like after the next molt.

Which light is that again?

post 44 here. It's just a marineland stock light that came w/ the 34 gallon which I'm using instead. It also has an option to just turn the 4 blue light on but they don't seem to like it. The closed their windows when I had it on for an hr.

002_zps5425e272.jpg

005_zpse1e1f039.jpg

Peanut is in Omaha, hopefully out for delivery.

Oh another peanut Kat? My peanut had to be rehoused due to having a crash but he's doing great :)

Archived