Cultivated Reef

Peanut's palace

Boggers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woot! Following along! There's like a whole new generation of mantis owners lately. Very exciting!

But you're our fearless leader!!!! Mr. Hands-in-the-tank!

Woot! Following along! There's like a whole new generation of mantis owners lately. Very exciting!

Following as well. I hope that mantis tanks really take off. I love them!

Peanut in he house! Already took a stroll around. I put him in a beta bowl inside his palace so I can make sure he does well from the trip. Soon as I can get Pics/Vid uploaded I will. work has been nuts.

Here he is at his first curse. I had put him in the beta bowl inside the cube, but when I got home he was out free. I may not see him again for a while if he goes to molt.

IMG_20140206_125410848_zpse5490333.jpg

Vid when he was just peaking out. (if this works)

th_VID_20140206_125627104_zpsd43182ac.jp

Just because of the switch in tanks which happened, and moved back on Tues? I only saw Gertie today. First time they went into their tanks I didn't see Gertie for like 9 or 10 days. Scared me.

Yeah, expect a molt in the next day or three. Nearly all of my crustaceans that I've had have molted after moving to a new tank. All of my mantis have. Say, that gives me an idea.... If someone had a mantis with shell rot, I wonder if they couldn't force a premature molt by switching tanks or doing a really big water change. Now you have me thinking.

Archived