Top Shelf Aquatics

Dixie's mantis adventure!

dixie reefer

FlowerMama

Aw. that was cute. First she was so sweet and cautious and takes the food off gently. Then she comes back later, get rid of this stick, WTF!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dixie reefer

Ok, its moving time! We will be moving to a new house hopefully this weekend. I'm going to be putting a par 38 over the tank instead of the light thats on it now and I'm thinking about putting coral in here if I do that. What shall it be? Mushroom garden? Zoas? Softies + my nps gorgs?? What do yall think? I'm also going to put the damsel in the new dwarf lion tank that we're going to set up and put my maroon pair in here.

• 1 month later...

Ok Dixie, you have moved, been on vacation and basically pulled a Zia on us......time for an update please!! With pics.....LOL

;)B):P:P:rolleyes::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Baby plates! That's what I'll be doing I guess. I've tried in different spots in my tank and I can't seem to keep it alive. It's dying off and hopefully will produce some babies.

dixie reefer

Yes I did move again, this time we stayed in the same city lol. I'm not looking forward to moving the tanks when we get stationed somewhere else, it was a big enough pain moving just a few miles away. I've done the whole "moving saltwater tanks halfway across the country" thing, but that was when i only had a 10 gallon tank. Now I've got 3 tanks and a fourth on the way! Lord help me!! Lol. This plate dies because my clown (of all things) started nipping at it and I never could get it to heal. I've started feeding the babies cyclops to get them growing a little faster, the biggest one is half the size of a dime.

Thanks, I absolutely love my maroons, I adore the misbars. They're both tank bred gold stripes I believe. My little male is a total butt head (typical maroon behavior) my female however is the most docile clown I've ever had.

• 2 weeks later...
dixie reefer

I haven't heard her popping in several days and haven't seen her since last weekend. I believe she may be molting.

dixie reefer
Your photos are just getting better and better! I got some catching up to do. Lovin that lion fish avy pik too.

Thanks Z! Definitely loving my t3i, now I just need to find a good macro lense that won't break the bank! My lion is my current favorite, so much personality.

Archived