SaltCritters.com

Dixie's mantis adventure!

dixie reefer

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dixie reefer

Still no sign of K. I am now convinced that he jumped and one of my dogs made a snack of him. I got a text from my "dealer" yesterday, he got in a new shipment of rock the other day and found these beauties in it. I'll be picking up one this weekend. Thinking about getting the one on the top of the picture.

IMG951196_zps06ccc37a.jpg

FlowerMama

Sorry to hear about Kraken. The one above looks like the color of dragon's breath! pretty alright!!!

dixie reefer

I can't wait to go check them out, theres a chance that the lightest one could be an Odontodactylus havanensis. If that's the case, I'll be getting that one. We will see! I'll be posting a picture as soon as I get one of them.

dixie reefer

Here's a better picture of Garnnet, I can't get over how pretty she is. She's taken up residency underneath the new rock and she's been smashing away all day. Hopefully she will have a personality like Kraken and come out and wander around all the time like he did.

IMG_1622_zps2fb5ce03.jpg

Islandoftiki

Awesome little girl you got there. I wonder if she'll stay pink or suddenly turn a beautiful green at first molt like my friend's mantis did... and then back to pink after the next molt. LOL.

Awesome little girl you got there. I wonder if she'll stay pink or suddenly turn a beautiful green at first molt like my friend's mantis did... and then back to pink after the next molt. LOL.

lol, an outfit for every occasion :)

dixie reefer

The scape of this tank has been bugging me for a while so I changed it completely. I took the pvc out and created a rock pile with a small overhang. I like this look way better. I tried getting a picture this morning but I get a lot of reflection on the glass so I'll get a picture tonight.

I am hearing an awful a lot of popping coming from her tank. She's either doing some renovating herself or she's found where the hitchhiker crab is hiding.

dixie reefer

0508142219_zps30590f1e.jpg

Garnnet is very timid, I haven't seen her come out of the rocks yet. She did take a piece of krill off of the skewer a few days ago and she tried again last night but the fish scared her enough to forget about the food. I'm going to withold food for a few days and see if she comes out to explore.

Very very nice scape Dixie!! I love the place you found for that rock from John, right up front!!!

dixie reefer

I needed to put it up top so the brain could get more light from my whimpy 1w leds lol

dixie reefer

Finally managed to get a picture of Garnnet! She is incredibly fast! She smelled the food and flew out of her cave, smacked the stick, and flew back into her cave before I knew what happened! She came back out and I was able to get the picture before she went and snatched the food from the skewer and went back into hiding.

IMG_1666_zpsde56b880.jpg

Archived