Coral Vue Hydros

Bubble tip acting oddly

Archaic37

Bubble tip was added January 2nd and spent about a week cruising around the tank finding a spot and it has found this one rock and has shifted around on it a few times. For about a week now it has only inflated half of its tentacles the rest are tiny little bumps around the edges and some have even lost their color and appear white.

It feeds on the chunks of squid, clam, octopus etc and has a tightly closed mouth. What could be the cause?

E7gScAX.jpg

SIPua7p.jpg

p85gbvd.jpg

Mr. Microscope

Looks unhappy and bleached. Perhaps too strong lighting or unstable water. I'd keep feeding it to aid in recovery. If the mouth is closed tight, you might be okay. I'm no BTA expert yet though.

Looks unhappy and bleached. Perhaps too strong lighting or unstable water. I'd keep feeding it to aid in recovery. If the mouth is closed tight, you might be okay. I'm no BTA expert yet though.

Not bleached, but the general consensus on my local forum was stressed since it has been moving fairly frequently. It has been eating when I feed it so that is a good sign and has found a spot recently and hasn't moved.

mine looked similar to that when it was settling in. once it found a spot it really liked it began to open up.

once it's all happy it'll return to its normal happy state:

:) good feeding, good light, and good water will make 'em even more happy.
  • 2 weeks later...

Having a right mouth is no problem. From what I've read its if its mouth is gaping its the problem. Also bta are weird in they sometime have a few bubbly tentacle and a few not bubbly ones leave it be and keep feeding it

Well it has moved around a bit and now I can't find it... I know where it was last but I can not see it behind by rock work or attached to anything. I think it crawled under some rock and my CUC got to it as it was dying.

Archived