Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Anyone been to the National Aquarium?

vlangel

Assume you mean the one in Baltimore Inner Harbor...

Plan on a minimum half day, more if you want to hit a lot of the shows and such. Dont miss the rainforest exhibit!

Min half day if you are rushing. I could spend a whole day easily. As an MD native I've been several times. Best aquarium I have been to. (Haven't seen the Atlanta one yet)

In addition to the rainforest they now have a great Australian and jelly fish exhibit. It is laid out very well and I recommend seeing it all.

If you have more time in the area the science center is worth it. Food around the inner harbor is mostly tourist crap though.

Min half day if you are rushing. I could spend a whole day easily. As an MD native I've been several times. Best aquarium I have been to. (Haven't seen the Atlanta one yet)

In addition to the rainforest they now have a great Australian and jelly fish exhibit. It is laid out very well and I recommend seeing it all.

If you have more time in the area the science center is worth it. Food around the inner harbor is mostly tourist crap though.

You need to see ATL.

Assume you mean the one in Baltimore Inner Harbor...Plan on a minimum half day, more if you want to hit a lot of the shows and such. Dont miss the rainforest exhibit!
Yes, that's the one. So they have shows??? Is that like the special feeding tours and such?

You need to see ATL.
I'm thinking after reading the posts that I should set aside a whole Sat. to see everything. Thanks for the info.
You need to see ATL.
Its on my list for sure.I want to see that whale shark!

Yes, that's the one. So they have shows??? Is that like the special feeding tours and such?I'm thinking after reading the posts that I should set aside a whole Sat. to see everything. Thanks for the info.
Sorry for double post but editing is weird here. The shows are only for the dolphins as far as I know.

ATL is amazing. Go alone or with other fish/aquarium people though...most people get a little annoyed when youve been staring at the same display for 40 minutes...

Thay have a cool "4-d" film experience at the Baltimore Aquarium. It's worth seeing. But like the other poster said, go with another aquarium geek.

Thay have a cool "4-d" film experience at the Baltimore Aquarium. It's worth seeing. But like the other poster said, go with another aquarium geek.

My husband isn't an aquarium geek but he is very patient with my addiction! LOL

Being from MD originally and growing up taking field trips there and later visiting it on my own I always thought it was amazing. You can honestly make a day out of it and even if you get bored there is plenty to do at the harbor.

Archived