Top Shelf Aquatics

NewB With some Questions

AlphaJoeNano

Hey Guys,

I am currently in the process of cycling a 10 gallon reef. I have about 8lbs of Live rock, 2inch deep sand bed and one power head 240.

I am using a Fluval 240 canister filter with the pads, bioballs and carbon ( 2 Chemipure). Is this good as far as media is concerned?

I understand a sump is the way to go but space and money are an issue and im giving the nano game a go.

I am in the process of turning my old AC70 into a refugium.

Plan on doing sand, little bit of rubble and some chetah

What are the specs for a light that I could use to light this baby up?

LarryMoeCurly

You should get rid of the bioballs, the biological filtration will be provided by the bacteria on the rock and in the sand; the balls can become a nitrate factory. Be sure to clean the canister filter regularly.

What is your budget for a light? Do you know what you want (LED, T5, etc.)?

Also, :welcome:

+1 get rid of the bioball's. also a sump really is not needed, i have ran successful 10g with nothing but a powerhead for month's without any issues's. only thing i would suggest in this situation is watch how much you add to the tank.

+1 get rid of the bioball's. also a sump really is not needed, i have ran successful 10g with nothing but a powerhead for month's without any issues's. only thing i would suggest in this situation is watch how much you add to the tank.

Yup, you can actually just remove the fluval, the ac refugium would be enough... and just have nature run it's course.

Archived