ReefCleaners.org

Aquarium disasters!

vlangel

Today the tubing running to my sump from the reservoir of my ATO system came off. Of course the sump decides to call for water just when I am expecting 8 ladies to arrive at any minute. (Rule #1, disasters never happen when it is convenient!). So I hear water running onto the floor but I can't isolate the source at first. It wasn't as bad as it could be cause I didn't fill the reservoir up this week when I did my WC and it always better to be fresh water on the carpet rather than salt. I consider myself lucky but decided it might be fun as well as educational to read about some of your disasters. Maybe we can learn from each others mistakes?????

A bubble tip I had added to my old 30g tank decided to go for a walk and completely covered my drain line in the upper corner of my tank, and the return line pumped the sump contents into my tank and over of course, until suction broke.

A bubble tip I had added to my old 30g tank decided to go for a walk and completely covered my drain line in the upper corner of my tank, and the return line pumped the sump contents into my tank and over of course, until suction broke.

Bummer, so you weren't lucky enough to have it be fresh water. Did it burn up your return pump and how many gallons was your sump?

Archived